Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Twice_a_year
- Sail Date: May 2019
- Destination: Bermuda
- Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1
• Embarkation – Being from northern New Jersey we love the convenience of Cape Liberty. They have been making continuous improvements to the facilities. The elimination of the need to use buses with a direct check in and boarding the vessel in the same structure was a very big plus. Baggage and passenger drop off was very smooth and efficient.
We were met by a representative who checked out our boarding documents and without delay we were directed to the handicap line where there were about four people ahead of us. Since along with using a walker we were Elite and Concierge Class patrons we had three lines to use. Both the Elite and Concierge lines were empty we elected to take the easy route.
The facility was clean and the personnel were most amiable. We give place a 5 star rating.
• Boarding - Upon entering the ship we were informed that we were free to drop off any luggage in our cabin. This was a very nice touch. Our visit to the Concierge Lunch was also a very nice touch with the absence of the crowding and having a welcome Bloody Mary.
• The Cabin – We were in cabin 9201, a C1 on the back of the ship. The décor was very pleasing to the eye. It was spacious with plenty of living and storage space. But the balcony was simply great. There were two lounge chairs, two high back chairs, two tables, and room to dance. Room was 9’ x 23’ and the balcony was 16’ x 9’ enough said. Of course, like any good cruise ship the shower was small.
• Our room attendant - We met our cabin steward and mentioned that the refrigerator was not working and within an hour the problem was solved. Our steward kept everything in order and very clean. He was excellent.
• The main dining room – Contrary to high standard enjoyed by the Celebrity line this main dining room experience failed. Initially, our assigned table configuration and time slot were unbelievably screwed up. We requested a 6 PM seating with a table of 10. We were assigned a 5:15 PM on a table for 10 with two other couples. One couple had a 5:30 assigned time and the other had a 5:45 PM time. Compound this with the fact one couple had requested a table for two because they were on their anniversary cruise and the other found that it was impossible to enjoy the Elite Cocktail Party that ran from 5 to 7. Both couples left the table and we were joined by three other people, This left a large table for having only 5 people.
In ten meals two were very good and eight were terrible. I once went for a roast turkey meal expecting that they could not screw it up. Well they did. The cold fruit soups which at one time were a signature part of the meal were absent. Meals arrived cold. We were most disappointed with the main dining room experience.
• The Ocean View Cafe - For breakfast and lunch there was a very wide variety of well prepared offerings. The bakery had a very fine selection of very good breads. The only problem was you must plan your meal by doing a preliminary pass to explore the many options available to you. But without any reservations, I highly recommend the buffet.
• The crew - The ships staff, without exception, was courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful. There was an offer of three free drinks at the ships bars for thos who couldn’t make the Elite Cocktail Party. The bar tenders did a get job serving our needs.
• The entertainment – Most shows were very good. Not Broadway quality but decent enough to make them pleasurable.
• Debarkation – This went super smooth.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
King's WharfA great beach and touring site. Just stay off the mopeds!View All 990 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's King's Wharf Cruise Port Review