Princess is celebrating 50 years of cruising Alaska. They claim to be number one in Alaska and they make a great case for it. From time to time, they will subtly slip in one bullet point on what sets them apart. All of those hints added up for me. By the end of the cruise I was convinced that they are number one.
- It was well worth getting a balcony and the captain gave equal time to both sides of the ship
- Sabatini's was amazing!!!
- A lot of fun was had in the Explorer's Lounge, before and after the production shows in the main theater
- The staff was super friendly
- Getting off and on the ship in port was very smooth
- The International Cafe is a great place for a quick bite anytime of the day and had a great selection
- The coffee at the International Cafe was what you would expect and was obviously the best coffee on the ship as you would see staff grabbing a cup
- Being one of the two cruise ships allowed into Glacier Bay that day, was an honor. I actually thought Glacier Bay was better than the Inside Passage
- The Pub food was good (don't miss it)
- The buffet seemed sub-par and we recognized too many leftovers from the dining hall
- Some of the food in the dining hall was just OK, and did not have any WOW-factor
- The coffee at the buffet is just OK
- The coffee in the dining halls is a bit strong
- The bed is super soft and at times impeded various "movement" on the bed
What would I have done different?
I was not on a MedallionClass cruise, but wish I could have worked that out to be on one.
It is just the right size for a couple. There are only 3 outlets in the cabin. Bring a USB charging hub and you will keep everything charged on your cruise. The bed is super soft and at times impeded various "movement" on the bed.
Well worth the time and money. The canoe trip was really easy and the hikes were short.View All 45 Glacier Point Wilderness Safari Reviews
The crew was very knowledgeable and very respectful of the whales.View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Great photo opportunities and great stories about life in the vast bearing sea.View All 125 Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour Reviews
Glacier Bay was amazing! Make sure your cruise sails through and around Glacier Bay.