3. Adventure of the Seas
I picked this cruise based on itinerary and date; 3rd time on the Adventure but on Caribbean itineraries. We were a group of 7 adults (all have cruised before several times except for my 80 yrs old friend) We had embarkation time for 10:30am. (Highly recommend this time)Took a taxi on EWR and it took us like 20 minutes to Cape Liberty (no traffic because it was early). It was like $13 per person with tips each way. Embarkation was really smooth (be sure to have Sail Pass and Passport on hand) and before 11am we were aboard! You can bring up to 12 cans of soda or water bottles with you. The ship is still beautiful but cabins look outdated (old decor, pillows were not that comfortable). Guest Service was outstanding! My 80 years young fracture her hand the day before the trip and was on cast. We asked the stateroom attendant to put a rollaway bed in the room since none of the 3 (my mom, my aunt and her) were able to climb to ladder for the 3rd bed. He did that immediately but since there was no space to walk in the room I went to Guest Services to see if they could do something. Ten minutes later they gave us another stateroom adjacent to my sister’s so my senior friend could be comfortable! Yes! That’s right! No charge! I was amazed by their empathy and great service. All employees were super nice and helpful. Food in Windjammer was great all days. On MDR food was good but not much variety (Exactly same menu we had on Freedom Of the Seas last May). Would have preferred the Windjammer for dinner. Except for the Ice show and a singer/comedian show the rest was low quality and boring. Very disappointed with singers and shows; expected more from RC. Port of calls were amazing. Loved Bar Harbor and Halifax!! Toured on our own. Highly recommend Acadia’s National Park with Oli’s Trolley on Bar Harbor. In Halifax we rented a minivan with Dollar (inside the Lobby of the Hotel across the street) and drove to Peggy’s Cove. Beautiful place! Late May was very cold both at sea and in ports (low 40’s on Ports!) but had a great time. Debarkation was very easy and smooth.

Beautiful New England/Canada

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ch1huahua

ch1huahua’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 9261
It was ok. Old decor and you can see faucets and carpets showing their age but it was clean. Our Stateroom attendant was very nice.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Acadia National Park
    Highly recommended! Excellent service, very knowledgeable tour guide and amazing views! Loved it!
    View All 187 Acadia National Park Reviews
  • Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
    Walked in the park, nice views of NY and walked around on Hoboken. Ate on Charritos (great mexican food) Mamoun's Falafel - great prices and tasty middle east food and of course had cannolis Carlo's Bakery
    View All 12,453 Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Review
  • Peggy's Cove
    Rented a minivan with Dollar (located in the lobby of the Hotel across the street- took us a while to find the place because there was no signs) It takes like 50 minutes to get there but it is a beautiful drive.
    Peggy's cove is beautiful. Our family loved it. It was super cold for us (we are from PR so our average temp is in the 90’s) Be sure to dress in layers and wear a good jacket (most people had gloves, hats, jackets) There is a restaurant there and a shop with nice souvenirs. There are also restrooms in the shop. Including the minivan and gas it was like $12- $14 per person.
    View All 194 Peggy's Cove Reviews