3. Norwegian Epic
-I did not care for the cabin because of the glass door to the right of the entrance was the toilet, glass door to left of the entrance was shower, and the sink was about 12 inches from the end of our king size bed. If the couch next to the balcony was in place of the bed that would have eleimated about 90% of the “excuse me I need to get by” . I prefer to have privacy while using the toilet - sorry Norwegian but a curtain does not replace a wall for that. -We paid for the dinner and show but, it was so bad we departed almost immediately. -In the resturant the service was VERY SLOW no matter what meal or time. Our waiter Tejan was great though! He and his team of one (usually there are more wait staff than that are cruise ships) remembered my food allergies and pointed out cross contamination risks. -I did not book any excursions from the ship even though we had a $100 use it or lose it credit. I did research and booked all of our excursions with Italy Tours. They had a return to port on time guarantee, great tours and excellent price point. They offered private or small group pricing. There were 5 of us in our group and we were either 5 of 5, 5 of 8 or 5 of 14. All guides and drivers were awesome! In general conversations with other passengers I almost felt guilty for the price we paid and places we got to see and experiences we got to enjoy that they did not because they booked with ship and sometimes paid double the amount we did for less fun. -I have never been on a cruise where the public WC had no working soap dispensers (sensors did not work) and the floors, sinks etc were a mess.

Balcony cabin, entertainment, restaurant service, excursions, cleanliness

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JTurrin