3. Norwegian Dawn
Our cruise on the NCL Dawn was unexpectedly awesome. We were hesitant after reading some questionable reviews. I should have learned by now (over 26 cruises) to take all reviews with a grain of salt and to make up my own mind. Although the Dawn is an older ship, it was in excellent shape. The decor was fresh and understated. It was extremely clean. The staff members were mainly very friendly and accommodating especially our stateroom attendant Dong and our server in the Venetian dining room, Gloria. We had a picture window cabin on deck 5 (5610). It was very accessible to the stairs and elevators. It was really spacious with plenty of storage space. we loved the bathroom set up and the shower was huge for this class cabin.Water pressure was great too. It was perfect for us. The food was excellent for the most part. For the first time ever we never set foot in the buffet and did not miss it. We ate breakfast every morning in the Venetian dining room and lunch there as well or at O'Sheehans. Four nights were in the Venetian and we also ate in Le Bistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki. All were excellent except the Hibachi as the ventilation was not working at our table and our clothes became very smoky as well as burning eyes. After some struggling, NCL did make it right by giving us a refund. We also enjoyed the entertainment especially the husband and wife duo, Azalea. They were extremely talented and we loved all their songs. I even bought their CD of their original music and I can't stop listening! I feel that they should be performing on the main stage. I wasn't too excited about our ports because I have been there before but we had a great time. In Port Canaveral we did the ship excursion that took us to the Orlando wheel, sea aquarium and Madam Tussaud's. It was fun and entertaining. It was the perfect choice for a steamy hot day as it is all inside and air conditioned. We were so happy that we made it to Great Stirrup Cay as the seas were calm. It was a beautiful day and the water was terrific with a smooth sandy bottom. I loved that the ship's pool band, VIP, came to perform on the island. In Nassau we did a private tour called Tru Bahamian food and walking tour. Our guide, Gabrielle, was very knowledgeable and entertaining. All of the stops we made served delicious filling samples of Bahamian cooking. I would highly recommend this tour company. Embarkation and disembarkation were very smooth with no concerns. I would not hesitate to sail on the NCL Dawn again! Enjoy!

Dandy Dawn

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by toothy26

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

Embarkation and disembarkation were very smooth with no concerns.

I would not hesitate to sail on the NCL Dawn again!

Enjoy!