3. Norwegian Epic
My husband and I went on this work related cruise therefore we did not choose this ship, it was chosen for us. After reading all of the very negative reviews we were very nervous about our cruise. We have been on 30 cruises, mostly with Royal Caribbean and Princess but a few have been on Norwegian. In my opinion, the biggest problem with the Epic is the design of the ship and Norwegian's desire to pack on too many passengers with not enough places to go. I have been on the largest cruise ship, Royal Caribbean's Symphony of the Seas and despite the large number of passengers there are so many dining venues, bars and entertainment options that you never feel crowded and rarely have to wait in line. The Epic has limited dining, bars and entertainment options therefore there are crowds and lines everywhere! Another huge problem is the food! We have never been on a cruise where we were hungry but we were on this one! The choices were unappealing, the food temperature was not consistently correct, the freshness of the food was questionable and the taste was just awful. Thankfully we were in France, Italy and Spain and in these ports all day so we were able to fill up on delicious food there! Our cabin was satisfactory. Our bed (although too short) was quite comfortable and there was quite a bit of storage space in the cabin. The small bathroom with the sliding glass door was cramped and awkward given the fact that you could see through the glass. The separate sink outside of where the toilet was didn't work for us either. The shower was okay but filled up with some water at times, which really disgusts me. The balcony had some rust on the rails and most of the balcony furniture and wooden rail was covered in sea salt which made it uncomfortable to sit out there. It was never wiped by our cabin steward. Although we had read terrible reviews about the crew on board, we just felt that they were overworked and overwhelmed by the number of people on the ship. They tried really hard to keep up and most of them maintained a positive attitude. We especially liked the bar service in the "Maltings Beer and Whiskey Bar". We never had to wait long for drinks and the staff there were always pleasant. We chose not to see any shows but we did hear some live music in a few different areas. The entertainment quality was well below what we are use to on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Embarkation and disembarkation are not efficient, therefore be prepared to stand in long lines! All in all, this cruise was not as horrible as we had anticipated but I would definitely not recommend this ship, nor would I cruise on it again.

Not as bad as we expected but would not recommend this ship

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by djbb