3. Norwegian Sky
I chose a cruise on Norwegian Sky from Miami to Nassau, Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay. This was my second cruise on Norwegian - being thus, I was offered priority check in, which never happened, and was supposed to receive a bottle of wine in my stateroom, which never happened. They told me once I was in my stateroom and checked in that they only offered a bottle of wine for 4 or more day cruises. And I never got an answer as to why I didn't get priority check-in even though it was offered when I booked the cruise. Why don't they share that information PRIOR to checkin when I booked my cruise? Here are my thoughts about this lackluster cruise line and this very mediocre cruise: 1. Watered-down alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Poor carbonation in all soft drinks. 2. Juice in buffet has sugar substitute in it - would have been lovely if they let consumers know somewhere on the machine. 3. Broken outlet falling out of the wall in the stateroom bathroom. 4. No soap in stateroom bathroom and watered-down shampoo and body wash in shower. 5. Noise level was appauling in staterooms. Never a moment of peace and quiet, and guests next door partying as if they were the last human beings on earth. 6. Great Stirrup Cay - Norwegian's private island - you have to bring your own towels from the ship, the island is dirty, incredibly high priced shore excursions that are not worth the money. If you lose one of your 2 towels, Norwegian bills you $25. This is an outrage. 7. Nassau, Bahamas - similarly, incredibly high priced shore excursions that are not worth it. Be careful to check your bag after purchasing anything at the Straw Market. I purchased a bracelet at one of the stalls, and the saleswoman never put it in my bag even though I paid for it. Taxi cabs will rip off any tourist - just be prepared to be financially raped in the Bahamas. 8. Good luck eating at the Great Outdoors buffet and not having your uneaten food taken off the table the moment you get up to grab a drink for your dinner. Staff in the buffet are disturbingly excited to clean off the tables the moment a guest gets up. If you think you will return to your table with your food there, dream on. It is quite amazing that the staff on the ship were not helpful or communicative about how to disembark for shore excursions or to leave the ship at the end of the cruise, yet they are curiously excited to destroy your peaceful dinner by clearing the table BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN STARTED TO EAT YOUR DINNER. 9. Palace dining room is one of the worst places I have ever dined. Food is bland, wine is unimpressive, wait staff are not attentive - unlike those crazy staff cleaning off the tables in the buffet. 10. Art auction was a joke. They give you 3 post-it notes with your number to put on any painting you would like to bid on. All of the paintings I was interested in were not put into their auction, even though there were no more than 15 people at the auction. The auctioneer chooses which ones HE wanted to try to sell - all lackluster artists, very unimpressive.

Norwegian Sky to Nassau, Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by manhattanchickie

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

3. Broken outlet falling out of the wall in the stateroom bathroom.

manhattanchickie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 8320
Broken outlet falling out of the wall in the stateroom bathroom.
No soap in stateroom bathroom and watered-down shampoo and body wash in shower.
Daily itinerary was never left on my door the evening prior.
Light fixtures were broken above the bed. They were fixed on the first day, and one day later they did not work again.
Head of housekeeping was unimpressive, and I found him cleaning my bathroom floor with one of my used towels - no cleaning products. He was MIA on morning of disembarkment and did not even bother saying goodbye to the guests - even though I am certain he collected his tip money. I mistakenly left my earings in my stateroom since we were rushed off the ship by 9:15, and am sure I will never see them again.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins