3. Celebrity Millennium
My husband and I cruised Celebrity over 20 years ago and we wanted to cruise Alaska. We chose Celebrity and the Millennium for the one-way itinerary and the long stays in particular Ports. This decision really paid off for our excursions. We live in Seattle and took Amtrak to Vancouver the day before the cruise. Our stay was at The Wedgwood Hotel and it was lovely. We had high tea at The Fairmont on the day of arrival and dinner in Bacchus , The Wedgwood's restaurant, it was amazing. The day of embarkation we chose to have lunch at the hotel and embark around 1:30. I feel that was a good choice as our lunch at The Wedgwood was peaceful and delicious. The Millennium's new decor is lovely and fits both our tastes well. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and efficient outside of customer relations, they did not seem engaged. Our room steward, Natasha, was especially outstanding. The food was a pleasant surprise. I had read negative reviews and was concerned but we found most all of the food in the main dining room quite good. We were assigned a nice table for two at the window. Per the cruise critic suggestions we always asked our server for recommendations and this worked well for all nights except one. I cannot speak to the specialty restaurants as we did not eat there. The wine sommelier was excellent and really provided some amazing wines to accompany our dinners. We do not like buffets so avoided that hectic experience. Walking through the buffet we noticed huge amounts of food being wasted and that is just a shame. Our excursion in Ketchikan was booked on our own for the crab feast at George Inlet. At Juneau we took the excursion to Tracy Arm/ Sawyer Glacier with Adventure Bound. It was a long day but no one should miss this. We saw two glaciers and seals, bears at the shore and calving, we got very close to the glaciers. Icy Strait Point whale watch was booked with Hoonah Whale Tours with only six people to our very small boat. We saw amazing breaching and bubble net feeding. Skagway was the train and we booked this through the ship as the price was the same. We finished our cruise with a Kenai Fjords tour with Major Marine tours followed by the train to Anchorage. We booked our tickets with Major Marine tours on our own and noticed that the cruise bookings were sat in the middle of the boat and we were sat at the window with their assigned seating. I highly recommend this one-way cruise with Millennium.

One-way Vancouver to Seward

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by EntrechatatSea

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 2

I highly recommend this one-way cruise with Millennium.
EntrechatatSea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8060
Newly renovated and very pretty. Located eighth floor, starboard, forward about 10 cabins from the middle. Plenty of storage and we liked the floor plan use of the small space. The shower had plenty of room. The up-lights in the cabin were a nice touch. We were lucky with nice, sunny weather so we used the balcony extensively.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins