3. MSC Seaside
New ship, great price point, included a drink package I've cruised Carnival, RCI, Princess - MSC Seaside was the worst for me. 100% horrible. I'm a travel agent. I took 125 people on MSC Seaside May 18, 2019. During our group photo's they refused to take pictures. they said we had to book an appt and pay $100.00 up front. So they make you pay, but what if you didn't like the picture?? The MANAGER was soo incredibly rude, kicked my family off the staircase, because we didn't book an appt. We lost our precious opportunity which was soo hard to get. MSC does not care about family or family values. How does someone see a family group and kick them off? Where was his kindness or his ability to take pleasure in seeing a family so together taking their pictures. So nasty. I will never return to MSC or will I ever try and sell MSC. The photographers didn't care what the pictures looked like. They were annoyed and snapped without looking to see if the picture even came out nicely. I couldn't even buy any of my family photos!! Will NEVER sail MSC... EVER!! 125 people - yes it's a lot, but we were just as entitled as anyone else. We paid our money just like everyone else. After the club, we had no where to eat. There was about 20 of us and everyone is given a curfew - while on vacation??? You're treated like children. I've never been on a ship where it didn't provide food especially after the club!! 1am at the Marketplace where they had pizza / sandwiches, tea / coffee - with a many people still sitting and enjoying their vacation time even with each other - and everyone was kicked out!! HORRIBLE!! They said there was room service but they only provided sandwiches. At formal dining, you order a steak and their side order was french fries?? Don't mention the roasted chicken which look like a beaten peice of chicken breast serviced with fries during formal dinner - I could've gotten that at IKEA! Who does that at main dining?? Ridiculous food and presentation. The food was horrible, I order 2 meals each time in case one tasted worst than the other - horrible experience for food. Cruise lines are known for good food - not MSC. disappointing! On board shops - hard to find! Horrible layout of the ship. Very choppy. Great sportsbar! Only staffed by 2 people when it was packed during a playoff basketball game. Beautiful cabins - would be better if our washroom was thoroughly cleaned. Shower was disgusting with black mold!! Great price point. Included a drink pkg - unfortunately you pay for what you get. Not enough staff. Public bathrooms - disgusting! Floor covered in water. Family member slipped so bad and damaged her knee - NO she did not go after them for money, but was incredibly disappointed in ability to keep the ship clean. Event Coordinator Francesca was excellent. She assisted with a group space and was so kind to assist with whatever we needed. When I had the issue with the Photography manager, she tried to help but the damage was already done. Could you possibly imagine how hard it was to coordinate everyone for pictures, when its already hard to find them on a cruise?? Deck party - at the end, they just stopped the music. You didn't even know the party was over. They didn't even thank everyone for coming out or encouraging them to go to the club. They said nothing and started taking down the decorations. Embarkation - they don't take your CC upfront, then you need to do an extra step to go to a machine to add your CC to your account. Disembarkation is a hot mess, not enough staff, no signs. As a cruiser - thank goodness this was NOT my first cruise. I could've walked away not liking cruises because of them.

MSC SEASIDE - Not for me

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by IW OakTravel

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom
New ship, great price point, included a drink package

IW OakTravel’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 9168
Beautiful room - we had about 20 rooms in a row. They balcony doors were opened whtich was great to hang out with everyone on the balcony.
Shower was disgusting - wasn't cleaned, had black mold. if a shower is cleaned dailer - it shouldn't have this.
Mondello Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins