3. Coral Princess
We booked our cruise through Costco last year. Costco gave us added extras which were very nice. Prior to the cruise there was 4 day land tour, on your own, which was so very wonderful. We actually liked the land portion more than the cruise, nothing against the cruise however. We were excited about the land portion and absolutely wonderful. We flew into Fairbanks early in the morning. Representatives from Princess were in baggage claim area that led us to the shuttle bus taking us to the beautiful Westmark Hotel. The room was spacious,casual was the hotel itself, and the Red Lantern restaurant inside the hotel had great food. We ate there the 2 nights we were at the hotel and the halibut was so good, I had it both nights. The 2nd night my husband and i shared it (3 good size pieces). We took the Riverboat Discovery Sternwheeler excursion and we highly recommend it. The speaker onboard was very knowledgeable, easy to hear, and he roamed around while speaking. The following day we walked to the Ice Museum located in a renovated movie theater. The cost was minimal, $10 ea and we enjoyed it. Parkas are available to wear since going behind the glass, where the ice sculptures are, is -20 degrees. My husband slid down the slide while I took a video. It was great. The owners were very kind. We then walked to Fountainhead Antique Car Museum. I will say it was a longer walk than we thought so anyone not wanting to walk st least 45 minutes, you may want to call Uber or the like. This museum was not an excursion. My husband googled things to do in Fairbanks prior to our trip (I found the Ice Museum the same way) and the pictures sold him on wanting to see it. The cost was, again, minimal; $10 ea, and we can say it was well worth the walk and cost. The oldest of cars was a 1897 Rochester to the latest car being a 1936 Packard. There is one motorcycle, a Cleveland. With the exception of one vehicle all others are in pristine condition. I never thought I would enjoy seeing cars in a museum but I found myself getting caught up in it and taking lots of pictures. I talked with a very nice woman, Gay, while watching a short movie. She and her husband, Tom, moved to Fairbanks many years prior and enjoy it very much. They were there with their daughter and visiting family. At the end of our times there, which was a few hours, Gay and Tom offered to send took us back to the hotel, which was maybe a 6 minute ride. What wonderful people!! On the 20th of May we were taken by bus to the Princess train going to Denali Wilderness Lodge. The train ride was awesome. Each is a dome car and big windows to see so much scenery. There was a group of people taken downstairs for breakfast. Because we were in the second group, our food was not hot, not really warm either so it was not great. If it were hot I'm sure it would have been good. We sat with another couple at breakfast, who were very nice. We arrived at the Princess Wilderness Lodge at Denali National Park early afternoon. What a great setting and all the buildings for the hotel rooms is very open and has little stores throughout as well as a big main building with 2 levels; food downstairs and chairs, couches, and Princess excursion counter upstairs. The rrom we were in was great; rustic inside and an inside door. On the 21st we took the Tundra Wilderness Tour which was 8 hours by bus. It was wonderful. Our driver, Shawn (not sure if spelling), was a great driver and guide. He has been doing it for 18 years and very knowledgeable. The scenery was amazing, the snow capped mountains were beautiful, the streams and waterfalls were awesome. The high lite was seeing Denali. Nothing can describe the beauty as well as seeing the animals; caribou, Dall sheep, moose, bears, etc. The bus ride to Whittier was good. Unfortunately we cannot recall the drivers name but he was an excellent driver and has lived in Denali for 36 years and driving bus for many years. He talked about the areas went through and was funny. On the 22nd we boarded the ship. We were pleasantly surprised with the theatre shows. The WOW factor watching/listening to the singer's was amazing. We were very happy to see something different than the same shows Princess put on year after year. Thank you for the change.

Wonderful ship

littlebobbyp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE P524
Good cabin since we like being on the Plaza deck. Our cabin steward, Samuel, was wonderful. We saw him often and was personable.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins