• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Seven Seas Mariner Review

Editor Rating
29 Awards

Second Time Not a Charm (Tokyo - Tokyo)

Review for Seven Seas Mariner to Asia
RetiredandTravel
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Suite

We have traveled extensively but are new to cruising. This was our second cruise both on Regent, I would rate the first an A and this one a B-.

Cabin: The newly refurbished cabin was beautiful and the housekeeping was phenomenal. Housekeeping not only did their job well they also were very interested that we were happy & enjoying ourselves. Unfortunately our toilet overflowed which wasn't pleasant, water all over. I will say housekeeping did everything in their power to fix the problem and the head of housekeeping apologized. No one else from Regent on board seemed to care. When I asked reception if they could contact us when it was resolved they acted like I was bothering them. I would have at least expected an apology letter and a bottle of wine (all inclusive) or something. crickets!!

Dining: Prime 7: Excellent food & service - great evening. Sette Mare: Service was great (ty Nixon). Food was 1/2 excellent - 1/2 average and poor, veal chops were great bronzino was awful, some pastas great some average. Compass Rose: Food was excellent, wide section. Service was decent, some excellent some ok. One big problem with Compass Rose is the new design, it is very bright and they have service stations every 10 yards so almost no matter were you sit you have constant dishes clanging in your ear all evening. Not well thought out. Chartreuse was poor, the menu was very limited, some of the food was ok some poor and the waitress had no interest in our experience. All meals in all restaurants were served at a reasonable pace. Pool Bar & coffee connection were both excellent.

Deluxe Suite

Cabin H

Beautiful newly refurbished cabin. Top notch housekeeping.

52 Helpful Votes