3. Adventure of the Seas
We celebrated my husband's birthday by taking this cruise. I purchased the birthday package where the room and door was decorated and included a picture frame and picture hanger as well as a cake and chocolate covered strawberries. The decorations were nice but due to all the other food on the ship the cake and strawberries went to waste. Probably best to save your money and bring your own decorations if you were to do this. The entertainment and crew were wonderful. Our cabin was inside on the seventh deck and very quiet there. We were in the front so very close to the entertainment venues. Our stateroom attendant was Lizbeth and she was terrific. The food was plentiful and I guess about average. There were some items that were exceptional (loved the roasted veggies in the Windjammer) and some that were lackluster (beef was tender but not much flavor in the dining room) but the wait staff were all very good. The Weather was not good for doing much on the outside decks but there were other options through out the ship. As with all cruises there were a lot of events where they are trying to sell you things. My husband and I found the price for 3 games of Bingo was more then we wanted to invest so we skipped on that. Lots of Trivia games and Karaoke. My favorite port of call was Bar Harbor, Maine but that was also the Port where we had the best weather. It was a quaint town that had lots to explore. Overall we would do it again....just maybe a week or two later in the year.

Wonderful crew, cold in Canada, Birthday celebration

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by dwilliams08332

Overall we would do it again....just maybe a week or two later in the year.
dwilliams08332’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 7119
The room was clean and comfortable for two. It was very quiet and conveniently located. As we had the beds pushed together for one large bed it was a little tight getting around the sides of it. I think those people whom had a balcony this trip wasted money as it was too cold to utilize the balcony. I am sure later in the season it would be nice to have. If you are not one to spend a lot of time in your room then this is for you. You can always turn on the TV to the station that has the outside camera view of the front of the ship to see what the weather is outside.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Walking Tour
    A wonderful way to see Acadia National Park up close and personal. You are walking through the woods on hiking paths and over rocks and roots for about a mile so wear proper shoes for this and be sure you are okay with uneven surfaces. The tour guide was great. This was my favorite excursion for the trip. It still left me with plenty of time to explore Bar Harbor on my own also.
    View All 11 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Bus Tour
    Here we did the Hop on Hop Off bus tour and due to the weather we stayed on the entire 90 minutes and got an excellent tour of the entire City with a wonderful guide that provided lots of stories and information. If the weather had been warmer then 44 degrees F we saw several places including the public gardens that we would have liked to have gotten off and explored. We did walk through the adjacent farmer market after the tour.
  • City Tour
    It was the short tour about an hour long and though it gave you a general over view I think we would have been better off getting the Hop On Hop Off bus.
    View All 32 City Tour Reviews