3. Pacific Princess
Picked this cruise because I wanted to transit the Panama Canal to celebrate my 70th birthday. Everything was just perfect with one glaring exception. I booked one of the 6 Owner's Suites which are all located at the very stern of the boat. I purchased Princess' Premium Unlimited Internet Package for an additional $199. The signal strength in our cabin at the stern of the boat was so poor as to be nonexistent. If I took my Ipad to a public area a midship on the boat the internet worked OK (not particularly high speed). If I tried to log on in my cabin either I got no connection or if it connected the signal would be dropped after a few minutes. If you need to stay in touch with the outside world DO NOT book a suite at the rear of the Pacific Princess. Food was better than I expected, especially in the specialty restaurants ($29 P/P upcharge). The public rooms are quite nice and remind you of the luxury liners of the past. The staff on board were all very friendly and knowledgeable. They really strive to make you feel special and they go the "extra mile" to make sure you are enjoying your experience. The boat is quite small (650 passengers) so you get to know almost everyone.

Perfect, but with one big flaw

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by erichardlaw

erichardlaw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Owner's Suite with Balcony
Cabin S2 6091
The cabin itself was suffciently large but not as big as the premium suites on Oceania, Holland America or NCL. The appointments were nice but the bathroom could be improved. The premium suites I have stayed in on other lines had separate showers and bathtubs in the master bathroom. On the Pacific Princess we had a combined bath/shower and climbing into and out of the tub was "an adventure". Also, on other lines there were double sinks in the master bath. On Pacific Princess there was only one sink and sharing it with my wife for 15 days wore thin very quickly. The verandah was large and afforded views of both the stern and side of the boat. As noted in my general review I had a real problem with the internet in my cabin dispite purchasing Princess' Premium Package for $199.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins