• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

pmheaven
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Outside Twin with Shower

We chose this ship/cruise because it was stopping over at the Monaco Grand Prix (although more of that later). The trip was out of Malta - a 1st for us - and arrival embarkation was faultless and well staffed. The ship is a bit 'tired' in parts but the cabins are of a good size (we were on C deck) and clean/tidy. So why only 2 points:-

Drinks Package

Unless you want to engage in a constant battle with staff my advise is stay well clear of the 'Ultimate Drinks Package'. Way too many rules and regulations. Diet Coke is not included but Diet Pepsi is (who makes these rules?). You can order a small bottle of water but not a large one. Don't try the "OK so can I have 2 small bottles then" because that will be met with "sorry I can provide one small bottle but you have to have drunk that one before I can supply another small bottle" (I guess that I should not blame the staff someone told them that this was a rule). You cannot order a large Pina Colada but you can get a small one and then order another when you have drunk that one........Really!

Outside Twin with Shower

Cabin LC

Good size and clean - shower pressure not great but plenty of cupboard space

Port Reviews

Villefranche

Did the Monaco GP under our steam (booked stand tickets directly) but for reasons already explained the day was undermined by the nagging doubt that we would not make the final tender back to ship

Find an Oceana Cruise