3. Norwegian Jade
I was planning a trip to Europe, & I was also shopping for a cruise. When I found this TA, it was a perfect match! I loved the itinerary! Besides that, the embarkation port was also my home port. I had initially wanted to sail on one of the larger ships, but chose the Jade TA for the wonderful ports on the itinerary. As it happened, the Jade turned out to be the perfect ship for a TA. It was very stable, & we were very comfortable. The Jade was recently refurbished, & its a beautiful ship; very clean, comfortable, & well maintained. We had a midship balcony stateroom. We had lots of storage, we really enjoyed the balcony. Yes, it could get quite cold out in the middle of the Atlantic, but we would bundle up & watch the amazing sunrise & sunsets. Watching the twinkling lights of Morocco from our balcony was magic! We had a very active Cruise Critic Roll Call. Our group constituted practically 10% of the total number on board the Jade. As a result, everywhere we went we knew somebody! We had organized several events, including a Sailaway Party, CC Meet & Greet, Cabin Crawl, Pub Crawl, Poker Crawl, Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, Left Right Center, Jewelry making classes, and last but not least, two parties at the sumptuous Garden Villa! We also went on excursions together. As a result, we had a fun filled, exciting cruise! I do believe we made life long friends over the 15 days we sailed together! We enjoyed many other activities like Trivia, lectures, language classes while on board. The nightly entertainment was over the top. Elements was a Vegas level show; the Illusionist was great; the Aerial show was memorable; the comedy show was laugh out good; night after night, we were entertained by a great cast of entertainers. And no repeats! Our cabin steward, Cher, kept our stateroom immaculate. He was hard working, & cheerful & always there. We couldn’t ask for a better steward. We ate at the buffet most of the time, because we were always in a hurry to go to the next activity! The food was consistently good. A big shoutout to Executive Chef, Saldanha! He was at the Buffet every day, personally supervising all the stations. We became good friends! I loved his attention to detail, & how he happily accommodated my dietary restrictions. We liked the Asian station, & the Hot Entrees stations the best. The food at the MDR was good, too. All the ports had so many wonderful options for excursions; but we always felt that we didn’t get enough time on shore, there was so much to see & do! After disembarking in Civitavechia, which is about an hour from Rome, we went straight to our hotel; then spent the next 10 days exploring Rome, Florence, Venice, & Milan by high speed train (Italo), which was another great adventure made possible by this cruise. I would do this itinerary again, in a heartbeat!!

Best Cruise Ever!

Lovecruise247’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9564
Our cabin was very comfortable, very quiet. It was very well planned, & although being a ship stateroom, it was kind of small; it did not feel small at all. There was a place for everything, & we kept everything in its place. We truly enjoyed the balcony.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins