3. Carnival Valor
I can't blame the cruise line for the weather conditions but the water was so rough and the ship rocked so much that when we arrived at Progreso, three of the four of us were so seasick that we spent the day in our cabin. Lost the money spent on our excursion. Overheard another passenger say that a staff member had told him that it was always rough sailing around Progreso. On a side note: don't waste your money on the unlimited soda package because it is NOT worth it. The only places you can get soda is at one of the bars or room service. Sodas are not covered by the package through room service so you will pay extra. You're only allowed 1 soda per room card per trip to the bar. (But one person with one room card can order a bucket of bottles of beer) seems a little lopsided. Faster to the Fun - if you don't have it, get it! We didn't purchase it and how I wish we had. You bypass the LONG lines at embarkation to get processed to get on the ship faster and disembark before everyone else. The cabins are a little tight if there are more than two people in the room but the beds are comfortable and there is PLENTY of storage space (closets, drawers and under the beds). If you are bored, it's your own fault. Every minute of the day there is something to do. Our big dilemma is trying to do everything. I highly recommend the cooking demonstration at the steakhouse. You get to taste it all and it was SOOO GOOD! We only ate in the dining room once - on formal night. The appetizers were excellent, the entree left a little to be desired and we weren't offered dessert. We weren't upset though, there is more than enough food on the ship. You will not go hungry. Embarkation was very well organized chaos. It reminded me a little of standing in line to vote in the last presidential election only faster. LOL! There are workers everywhere telling you where to go and what line to be in so getting lost really would be hard. Disembarking, however, was not as smooth. You are called by deck # if you are not a VIP or bought the faster to the fun. Unfortunately, people didn't listen or follow the instructions and were forcing their way into the lines to get off the ship even thought their deck number hadn't been called. It was a mad house of shoulder to shoulder people trying to drag their bags down 4 flights of stairs. Next time I will check our bags and choose a later disembarkation time. I don't mind the waiting, I was prepared for that.

Too seasick to get off the ship at Progreso

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Hols1001

Hols1001’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8426
The air conditioning didn't seem to work as well as we would of hoped for during the day but caught up and made the room comfortable after the sun went down. The pull down bed made us nervous so we would take the mattress off and put it on the floor. The weight limit is 250 lbs. There were 4 adults in our group and none of us wanted to climb up the ladder. It would be great for the littles who don't mind bunk beds. We had a broken lamp above the sofa but otherwise the room was clean and comfortable.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins