3. MSC Armonia
This was my first cruise. I chose MSC Armonia due to the itinerary and I am so glad that I did. The moment we stepped foot on the cruise ship, everybody seemed to be smiling and happy and the crewmembers were very helpful. We had one little hiccup, which was our drink vouchers. When we booked our cruise, it was under the “Fantastica” which included a book voucher for 12 free drinks. We did not receive it at first, however another guest had the same problem and told us to just bring the original paperwork down to guest services and they would correct the issue. After dinner on the first night, we took the paperwork down to guest services and immediately we had are drink vouchers. Other than that, everything was smooth sailing. Our cabin was good size; we had four adult women staying in one cabin. We had two twin beds and two fold down beds and it worked perfectly. The cabin had a nice large unobstructed window and plenty of storage space. It had a small desk area and a mini fridge with beverages that you could buy, we did not buy any of the stuff in the mini fridge but it was there. The bathroom had a small shower, so if you are a large person that could be an issue. However, for the average person it should work fine. Our cabin steward Kavesh, got us extra sheets, pillows and blanket for the room. Kavesh seemed to work non-stop in keeping our cabin, nice and tidy. He was fantastic! La Brasserie Buffet on Deck 11: We ate there mostly for breakfast and lunch. It was pretty much the same foods each day but there were many options to choose from, I had no complaint with the buffet and enjoyed eating there. Also on 11th deck was the Gelateria Italiana – it was where we would go for gelato Ice cream, always refreshing after a hot excursion. Usually there was only three choices to choose from, but still good. Le Piscine Pool area: There were two small pools, two hot tubs and a spray park called Doremi for small kids. There were two ping-pong tables and three foosball tables. The ping-pong tables and two of the foosballs were on the starboard side and one foosball table was on the port side. I did use the gym, which was very nice. The equipment seems to be in good shape and I had no problem using it. It can be very busy at certain hours. I went earlier in the day or later in the evening and it was not busy during those times. They also have a power walking/running track that I used. Again, you want to do this early in the day or later in the evening. If you are looking for water slides, rock climbing walls, etc., this is not the ship for you. Marco Polo Dining Room on Deck 5: We dined here every night except for one night in Cuba. I found the food to be good (not great but good). However, I do think that it does depend on what you ordered. Several of my shipmates had the lasagna one night and none of them liked it. However if you did not like something, our waiter, Edwin, would get you something else very quickly. Edwin tried to make sure we enjoyed our meals. The drinks steward always had our water glasses filled full with cold water and was quick to get any drink you wanted. He also always had a smile on his face. Cafe San Marco on Deck 6: Had very good hot chocolate and coffee. They allowed us to use our 12 free drink vouchers there, if you do not have the vouchers or some kind of drink package you will have to pay extra for it. Going ashore/Excursion: We had no problem and never stood in line for more than 5 to 10 minutes at the most. Even going through customs in Cuba, it was only about 10 minutes to get through. Even though our cruise director did say, it could take up to 2 hours, depending on how many customs officers were at work that day. Isle de Roatan – The MSC Armonia actually docked in Isle de Roatan, the Cruise director had told us before that they had been tendering in but that we would actually dock in Roatan. That made getting off the ship quick and easy, no problems. I did the Mayan Eden excursion; it is a little animal park with a guided tour. Costa Maya – Chacchoben Mayan ruins Excursion Cozumel – Did not stay on Cozumel, took the ferry over to Playa de Carmen and did the Chaak Tun cenote excursion. Cuba – Classic car Excursion and walking excursion. The MSC Armonia is not a “mega-ship” which is something I liked about it. The ship was also kept clean and in good repairs, the crewmembers where also very nice (at least the ones I interacted with). I love the fact that it had so many passengers that were from other countries; it was a lot of fun meeting them. I would say that the ratio was maybe 25% from the USA and the rest from other countries, on our cruise. I would recommend the MSC Armonia.

First Timer

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Adventuregirl92

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom – Fantastica

Costa Maya – Chacchoben Mayan ruins Excursion

Cuba – Classic car Excursion and walking excursion.

I would recommend the MSC Armonia.
Adventuregirl92’s Full Rating Summary