3. Carnival Pride
This was not a long planned cruise; it was a spur of the moment trip. Cruise originated out of Baltimore. We are within driving distance to Baltimore. Embarkation was very smooth, parked car in port lot and we were on our way. There was a glitch in our dining reservations, so our first stop was to straighten out our sitting. We were accommodated by a very pleasant young crew member. Onward to Lido deck for lunch. We were met by a crowd as expected. What we did not expect is the lack of servers at food stations. The lines were so long. These lines were an every day occurrence. Often there was only one server at each station. Our luggage had not yet arrived in our cabin. We did some exploring; familiarizing ourselves with the ship. We went to dinner, then rechecked our cabin. Our luggage was there. There were announcements by our cruise director, Savannah. We had NO idea what she said. Her speech was rapid fire, I thought she was swallowing the mic. She needs elocution lessons and good advice on the proper use of a public address system. This problem continued throughout the cruise. Later in the cruise my husband and I were in the red frog pub. Savannah happened to come along to the pub and sat at the bar. The bartender was asking my husband what he would like. Savannah interrupts telling the bartender to take care of her friend. The young female bartender remarked she would after she took care of people who were there first. Because the bartender spoke up, her tip reflected my husband’s appreciation. I thought this was a deplorable maneuver by a cruise director. I was told by a crew member she was onboard for only about 2 weeks. Perhaps she is new in the position and simply lacks training and experience. We went to a few shows, comedy acts and sing alongs. They were all very good. I am always impressed with Carnival’s theatre. The aisles are wide and drinks are not passing through a half dozen hands to get to you. The sofas and cocktail tables are a nice touch. Our cabin 8168 was comfortable. There is only ONE outlet. It needed to be replaced, the plug was constantly falling out of it. The balcony ceiling was flaking off. Subsequently white chips were all over the lounge chairs. Beware of clothing, make sure there is a towel down first. The public restrooms were recently updated. They were always clean and well maintained. We spent a lot of time in the serenity area of the ship. It was nice. They actually did police the area for chair hogs. It was nice to see this being done. We visited Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. We took a carnival sponsored bus tour. It was 2 hours long, well done and interesting. We tendered into Half Moon. The beach was beautiful, barbecue on island was okay. We only walked through the local huts on Freeport. It was the most commercialized port I have ever seen; not really worth getting off the ship. We enjoyed perfect weather the entire cruise. The main dining room for dinner was very nice. A little entertainment every night was a nice touch. The food was mediocre. Appetizers and desserts were just about the same every night, limited offerings. Our dining staff were all accommodating and very pleasant. The debarkation process was smooth. It was well organized and moved quickly. We had not sailed carnival for a number of years. The quality has deteriorated over time. This ship needs a long dry dock. It’s decore is dark and dreary and the ship is showing signs of wear. I would not recommend this ship overall.

Done with Carnival

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Grammy momo

We enjoyed perfect weather the entire cruise.

The debarkation process was smooth. It was well organized and moved quickly.

I would not recommend this ship overall.
Grammy momo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8162
Previously mentioned outlet issue
Room needs update, furnishings are old.
It was quiet
Bathroom was adequate, no issue with water pressure or hot/cold.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins