3. Costa Favolosa
As most of you know I can no longer go ashore but stay on the ship, Costa's team in Genoa & on board, made this cruise special for me, and a great big thanks to all involved in helping me cruise again. Firstly I had a loan of a wheelchair for the whole cruise, which proved wonderful as I could push myself round ship & to Club Dining room. The cabin (Suite) on deck seven was just the same as most other ships of the fleet, spacious, clean & really nice although we do prefer those aft we did like all the service provided by our Butler, who turned up three nights during the cruise & took me in the chair up to the dining room, certainly a call above their duty. The ship itself was kept beautifully clean as were the cabins, even though we are late risers & often only left the cabin just before lunch. Of our time on board we of course could tour the facilities without crowds, & I must say all seemed excellent and well supported on sea days. There really is plenty to keep you entertained by reading the Diario di Bordo daily you can plan ahead, although to be fair it does take some understanding at first. One down side on this particular cruise the English host was not as friendly as most, we always make a point of contacting them whenever we get the chance, but it seemed she was not willing to chat. The only time we really got to know her was at the Wine Tasting where she talked about herself while the host described the wine. On to the restaurant we ate in the Club Dining Room on deck Eleven lovely surroundings but very limited choices, although I do agree that food waste must be reduced on all cruise lines to stop un-necessary wastage, this went beyond that Taste & Flavour had given way to presentation Lots of plates were returned particularly the beef which seemed to be on the menus nightly, either under or over cooked. But don't be put off with these comments although I am a fussy eater I manage to find some nice every meal, if a plate was returned they always offered you either a better replacement or different dish, Costa now serve the same choices in every restaurant which does reduce waste. Would we cruise on the Favolosa again one of the nicest friendliest ship we have been on.

Enjoyable interlude.