3. Norwegian Breakaway
Line: Norwegian Boat: Breakaway On May 19, my husband and I took this cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Tortola and a key owned by the line, called Stirrup Caye. The truth is that I prefer the system that the cruise ships had before, we all went to the same restaurant and we could all watch the same shows. Now lots of time is wasted trying to find reservations for each of the specialized restaurants, if you want to try them, and the same with the shows. You have to make reservations even to get off the ship. I'm going to start with the ports. The arrival to Puerto Rico was at 5:00 in the afternoon, on Tuesday when many places were closed and there wasn’t too much to do. It was a shame because I couldn’t go to any beach or enjoy more the local attractions. In St. Thomas and Tortola the stay was quite short, we could only enjoy approximately 2 hours on each beach. But the worst part was the Caye. We arrived at 11:00 am and nevertheless we could not get off the ship because we did not have a reservation to be able to get off first. We ended up going down at about 2:15 and by 4:30 we had to start concentrating to get back to the boat, which became an endless line of old, young and adult people under the inclement sun. That was the worst experience of all. The services in the bars, terrible. There was never a waiter nearby and people were milling around the bar asking the bartenders for a drink, more than a bar they looked like public markets. The only place where we were served properly was at Malting’s bar .... The attention of ABDUL and EKO were impeccable. In addition to this I must highlight the quality of the food during dinners. They were really spectacular, the presentation, the taste of each dish was excellent. For those who like swimming pools and jacuzzis, they should be prepared to see an endless number of people in a pool that looks more like a children’s than an adult’s pool. The truth is that the pool is a joke. As long as there are people who are willing to pay more for services that are supposed to be included, people who spend the holidays making reservations and rows and people who doesn’t mind being treated as second class passengers, the abuse will continue. I have traveled on several cruise lines, and Norwegian I liked the most, but after the last two experiences I think I will start looking for new options, which fortunately there are many and if not there are plenty of all inclusive resorts. They are also a good option and you already know that you do not have to pay more to enjoy all the restaurants, bares and shows

Not a good experience