3. Norwegian Sky
Cruised with a group of 7, ages from 50 to 95! My mother in law uses a cane and wheelchair to get around the ship. She never really has a problem getting around. Stayed in room 8207 with a large window looking out. Beds were together to form one large bed, bigger than a queen, smaller than a king. Bed was under the window which left most of the room open, except for the bedsides. Plenty of shelves and closet space for my wife and my clothes. Room came equipped with a room safe, which we used to store our passports and cash during the day. Also had a small fridge which we used to store our water and a few beer bottles. Room was clean and so was bathroom area. Used the "under bed" storage for our suitcases and carry-on. Mark was our room steward and he kept the room spotless and refreshed the ice bucket, as requested. We arrived a little early at the port around 11:00am. We then only waited about 30 minutes after processing. I would say that the embarkation process was fairly smooth. The Sky is a little older ship, but wears it's age nicely. We chose the "free" liquor option, and most of the time the waits around the bar were ok. We tipped one of the pool waiters $5 early in the morning and another $5 later in the afternoon. His name was Anthony and he provided excellent service. Sure beat getting up and waiting by the bar for drinks. A note about smoking on the ship. It is only allowed in the casino and by the bar on deck 12. I don't think you can smoke cigars in the casino, but you may smoke them on deck 12, in the bar area. There are tables and chairs provided in this area. We only used the Garden Cafe for lunch while we were on the ship. We ate all our other meals in The Palace dining room. The food there is pretty good and there is a variety of choices. I would recommend asking for ANKITA in the Palace dining room for dinner. She is an excellent waitress and very friendly. Entertainment on the ship was pretty good. We saw the dancing and singing "We Will Rock You" show and we all enjoyed it. The comedian was hilarious. I forgot his name, but he was a former LA cop. The variety show was just ok. The city of Havana was beautiful and HOT. We used a Cuban tour company for our tour. The fee was $50 USD per person. It lasted from approx. 9:30am to 3:30 pm. The email for the company is All emails are signed Magdiel and Jessica who I assume are the owners. They are very reliable. We walked 3 blocks out of the building off the ship and met Guillermo, our tour guide in front of a hotel. Guillermo spoke great English and answered all our questions. We walked for awhile in Old Havana and took in 4 squares. We then rode to see the huge statue of Christ on a mountaintop overlooking Havana. We then drove to the Capitol building area and walked that area. We drove down Havana's 5th Avenue and admired the "rich people's" homes. We then drove to Freedom Square and admired the many buildings there. All in all we saw a lot of Havana and got to take in some history. We ended the tour at a cigar factory; where we purchased fresh cigars. All in all a GREAT tour and I would highly recommend this tour company. That night my sister-in-law and I walked out the cruise building and rented a 1948 Red Chevy convertible for a one hour drive around Havana. I would recommend going at night because the sun during the day is very hot. It cost $40 USD for an hour and we tipped our driver "Cookie" $5 for a great ride. We never got to the NCL island in the Bahamas...rough seas prevented going ashore; so we cruised around all day at sea. The weather was beautiful at sea. All in all I would recommend this 4 night cruise. The only real negative about the cruise is every time I dialed for a wake up call on our room phone there was a message "All our operators are busy right now, please hold on". This seems a little ridiculous in this day and age.

Cruise to Cuba on NCL SKY

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by MikefromTotowa

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

It lasted from approx. 9:30am to 3:30 pm. The email for the company is

All emails are signed Magdiel and Jessica

All in all I would recommend this 4 night cruise.

This seems a little ridiculous in this day and age.
MikefromTotowa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8207
Room was always kept clean and spotless by Mark, our cabin steward.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins