We are a couple in our 50s who have done plenty of cruises before and have actually been on Azura twice before. This was a last minute cruise – 7 nights in the fjords, booked (when we unexpectantly managed to get a week off work together) about a week before we travelled. As such we ended up with a guaranteed inside cabin when we usually hand pick the balcony we want!! We were assigned midships on deck 5 quite near the atrium and the room was fine. It was clean and comfortable and well serviced by our excellent cabin steward Rajesh. I always check the reviews on these sites and I was a little bit concerned by the number of negative reviews on sites relating to the Azura. It was said that the food is terrible and cold, the staff are unhappy and unmotivated, and the ship is in a state of disrepair and smells!! Well I am happy to say that we did not find any of this to be true. We were on freedom dining and enjoyed every meal we had. The buffet was also fine. I know breakfast can be difficult when it is busy but this is down to the design and I still always managed to have a nice freshly cooked omelette in the mornings. We did not use the select dining restaurants as there was no need, and we have done them before. We were very happy with the staff. Our cabin steward Rajesh was as good as we have ever had, and we thought the service from all the staff in the bars and restaurants was exactly what you would want. I know the ship is coming up for a refit but did not find it particularly tatty in any way. Also I did not notice the smell that previous reviewers have mentioned, so hopefully that issue has been resolved. The weather was fantastic in each of the 4 ports (Stavanger, Flam, Olden and Bergen). We particularly enjoyed getting up early to enjoy the sail into Olden. We tend to go hiking independently and had a great day in Olden in 20 degrees plus sunshine. We took a picnic from the buffet / grab and go, and enjoyed a lovely lunch by the lake which is less than an hour walk from the ship. The entertainment was good overall. There were 4 headliner shows in 7 nights – two of which we had never seen before, and the usual mix of singers, bands and comedians. Embarkation was brilliant and disembarkation even better. We self-disembarked the ship before 730am and I was in my car (booked via CPS) within 10 minutes of leaving the ship. Would I go on the Azura again? Yes without a doubt.

Last minute trip to Norway

Azura Cruise Review by saham1

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

Would I go on the Azura again? Yes without a doubt.
saham1’s Full Rating Summary