3. Norwegian Pearl
I choose this cruise for the itinerary. I thought this cruise line was suppose to be good. I have traveled on cruises many, many times. I have never been on such a horrible trip. This trip had Nora virus on board. 3 days out all passengers had to go to the sun deck and walk around in front of Irish immigration people. Imagine over 2000 people doing that. One person threw up in front of the immigration people. No body cleaned it up or even put chairs over it so no one would walk threw it. As a result the disease rapidly spread. Many parts of the ship were closed due to the Nora virus. So no one was able to enjoy the facilities that they had paid for. The cruise was a second class cruise and not worth the money spent. The attitude of the crew kept going down and down as the trip went on. They were working all hours trying to stop the spread of the virus. They washed the walls down with a bleach solution. But the virus was in the carpet from people walking threw the vomit earlier. The ship was out of control. 3 days out on our cruise there were 27 sick people. At the end there were over a 1000. That was just passagers many of the crew were sick too. I got this information from the front desk. As for food, I ordered a steak in the main dining room. It was so tough and tasteless I could only eat a few bits. The service in the dining rooms was sparse and poor. The food overall was poor. We went to specialty restaurants. Their food was marginally better. At the end we had one specialty restaurant to go to which we had paid for. We did not bother, knowing the food would be poor. I was looking forward to good food but got marginal food. Our next door neighbor was thrown off the ship one port before Amsterdam. He had said he was going to the media about the ship. They came for him at 7:30 in the morning, an officer, photographer and a security guard. They said he was immediately to get off the ship. He told him he needed time to pack. They packed and then were told as he was escorted off the ship threw the crew passages "if they made a fuss they would get the Chinese to escort them off and they would hurt them." They had to pay themselves to get to the next port. The captain was out of line to do this. All they said was they would go the media about the cruise. In our country we have freedom of speech, I hope he does go to the media. You do not pay money to be abused and this was abuse of power. I cannot imagine going on another Norwegian cruise. It was unbelievably stressful to experience this. I truly was scared as to what would happen next and worried about my daughter's and my own safety as I had seen and heard to much. EJW Cabin 18008

Cruise was a nightmare

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by ejanewallis

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

The cruise was a second class cruise and not worth the money spent.

EJW Cabin 18008
ejanewallis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11008
It was very nice. A place to go from the craziness of the ship.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins