Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Unresponsive Customer Service

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by MC19

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Embarkation was not a smooth process in Seattle. Staff forget to give several of us boarding passes.

We were disappointed when we saw our cabin. Our travel agent said he booked a cabin with an ocean view in the middle of the ship. Our cabin was at the front of the ship with a window with a partially obstructed view that looked out on the deck where staff took their breaks; we did not have an ocean view. When we went to guest relations to try to resolve the issue, the young woman rudely told us that the ship was overbooked and there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak with a supervisor about a partial refund due to not receiving what we paid for; after waiting about an hour a supervisor came out to meet with me. She told me that they were international waters and did not have to follow any U.S. laws and then threatened to detain me for bringing this issue to their attention. I asked to speak with her manager to resolve the issue. The guest relations manager called me later in the day and said that their corporate office said to contact them after the cruise to resolve the situation. Our travel agent contacted us to say that the corporate office contacted him saying that I was was threatening the guest relations staff by asking about this issue. I contacted the guest relations manager and she said that I had not threatened her nor any of her staff; she did not know why corporate would make this false accusation and reassured me that none of her staff were out to detain me. After the cruise, I contacted the corporate office and have not received a response back to date. It is illegal to charge for a service and then provide a different service. The guest relations staff have done nothing to resolve the issue.

The buffet often did not have enough seating. We had to carry our food to other decks or eat at the restaurants.

The onboard entertainment was not very good. Activities included folding towels in the shape of animals, watching cakes be iced, and "game shows" where people shared places they have sex (Walmart parking lots, freeways, etc.). The best entertainment was the Jersey Boy show. The Havana show was only 45 minutes and did not have much of a story line; several people said they were disappointed as they left the theater.

MC19's Full Rating Summary

The steward was friendly and did a good job cleaning. The issue was we paid for a room that we did not receive and guest relations never resolved the issue.

MC19