3. Symphony of the Seas
Had to go or risk divorce. I think cruising is just a bad idea all around and would have (never would cruise if given a choice) chosen a much smaller and cheaper cruise but I was out voted 3-1. RC does many things very well and they are good at keeping you happy. Due to a TA mistake we ended up with an interior balcony and hated it. Why spend 5K on a trip to have a balcony that overlooks a mall or park? We are water people and love to sit and watch the water. First morning I went to the service desk to try to upgrade but they were full and could not help. Typical on a cruise everyone has their hand out to try to make more money. Drinks were 8-14$ and I still can't get a medium ale onboard. (dark Irish beer or bud/miller) St Kitts was nice. We got on a private taxi and had a nice tour with good history and some beach time. You must find Hawks Taxis and Tours if you go. They are on FB. He is a great host and was very nice to talk with. He gave us far more than he had to after the tour by dropping us at the beach and then picking us up later. Very good history lessons and I liked supporting an independent who was (hopefully not ) shaken down by RCL. USVI stop was typical and quite unbearable and I almost lost it with the same old shops ands loud music everywhere. Coco Cay was very well done and we loved just sitting on the beach. Tried the big pool with swim up bar but the music was very loud. Kind of sad that RC would completely upend a complete island and turn it into a water park beach area in the middle of a nice set of islands but that is the cruise industry... Food onboard was generally decent but as a lactose intolerant vegetarian I found the labeling could have been better. They had GF options but were lacking on vegetarian choices. Is it really that hard to have a few more options even if they had to be cooked to order? Main dinning room was very nice and staff and service were great. Many people in the buffet did not understand the etiquette of waiting in line and would just cut in a reach for what they wanted. The Bistro was very good and love the presentation of food. Many great desserts. The pasta dishes made to order were excellent. Getting only what you want pan cooked and mixed in front of you is very nice. I hate the way cruise lines overwhelm and shakedown the local economies. Hate the herd mentality. On this ship there were many kids and I prefer to have peace and quiet. The pool music was turned up after 12-2pm and we often had good pool seats but were driven out by 2 ish due to noise from live reggae or speakers blasting music. I hope I am never captive to a steel drum/reggae band again. Smoke from the smoking area will carry a long ways in the wind and was gross. Three in our party loved the trip and I survived. Just not for me...This was my 4th cruise and next time I will gladly send my wife without me as she done before. And remember all those workers who often work 10-12 hour days for$ 6-900 per month and hardly see any daylight or fresh air. Items listed below are just my thoughts and do not reflect all.

Overrated and overdone, Pretentious industry.

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Flyaway39

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Balcony

Flyaway39’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

Central Park View Balcony
Cabin 1J 12217
Nice and we had a good cabin attendant. Shower was small but very nice and love the shower valve set up. You can easily shut the water off and soap up then turn on to rinse. First night heard a strange noise all night. LOL it was the wood clothes hangers clanking as the ship rolled slightly. Easy fix. As stated above due to a TA mix up we had an interior balcony and it was a disaster. When we used it often there was too much noise or music from below to read. Why would we spend 5K on a trip to have a view of a park or mall? But we were stuck and had to carry on.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins