Empress of the Seas Cruise Review
1,390 Reviews

Great itinerary, excellent customer service, bad food, sewage smell

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by sparklingsoul

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Stateroom

This is my 4th RC cruise. I chose this one because I would get two days in Havana.

I really enjoyed this cruise, despite the ship's flaws. The itinerary was excellent (Key West, Labadee, and two days in Havana).

The customer service was outstanding, including my awesome stateroom attendant.

The food was generally bad, limited, and repetitive. This probably prevented me from gaining weight, though.

There was a foul septic tank odor that permeated decks 5 and 6 for half of the cruise.

I had to change staterooms (from third deck to 7160), because of a loud banging noise coming from an engine pump. I was very happy with 7160.

This was the smallest ship I've been on, and I actually preferred the small size. However, I wish they offered Friday night Jewish services (I don't know if they even offered Sunday morning church), and I wish the entertainment was better (I enjoyed the comedians and the Marriage Game, but I walked out on the impressionist and the finale show). I also wished they showed more adult movies on the pool deck.

I wish the solo traveler's get together was held at the sail-away party, so we could meet up earlier in the trip.

sparklingsoul's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin 2N 7160

Ocean view stateroom. I was very happy with this room after being transferred to it from a very noisy room on deck 3.

The room was very clean, my cabin attendant Iwan was fantastic, and my room was also very quiet. I would recommend 7160.

sparklingsoul