3. MSC Seaside
My wife and I decided to try out msc after reading decent reviews about them online. This was my 10th cruise (past 9 on RCCL) and first one on msc. When we booked our trip in January of 2019 we paid extra for the fantastica experience since it offered 12 drink vouchers which we thought was a great idea! Well we sure were wrong! When we arrived on the ship we entered the room and didn't see any vouchers. So later in the evening proceeded to guest services to see if they could resolve. We got told that "msc discontinued the vouchers" and that "if we received them it would say on our cruise ticket packet." If it doesn't there's nothing they can do. So, the following morning we spoke with the bar manager at the cruise critic meet and greet and he gave us positive news stating that if we paid for them, we will receive them and he said it was wrong of guest services to deny them. Well of course there was a catch and when we visited guest services later in the day to find out what was going on, no surprise the bar manager changed his tune and re worded what he said earlier in the day. The main dining room service was miserable for us on the first night. We were seated promptly and waited well over 20 minutes to receive menus, water, and a bread basket. All of the large tables around us had prompt service, and had their entrees before we even placed our order, and those tables had 8+ people sitting at them while it was just me and my wife. Oddly I looked around and the section the rest of the groups were sitting in had the same server named on their tables as we did, except we never got served by those servers! After asking for the head waiter to explain what was going on, a server ran and found a random server to take our order in which he never introduced himself, never asked if we had any allergies, and never asked if we wanted to order from the bar. Overall the ship is clean, it's different, it has a nice layout, the sports bar is beautiful, rooms are clean and a nice size, bed is comfy. But the rest of the experience has ruined my views of MSC and I will never recommend them to anyone. Also the muster drill was comical, absolute chaos and people were so loud and so over packed into one area it was nearly impossible to hear what was being said or see the demonstration. For me I don't personally care since I've seen plenty, but for someone new to cruising they would've left there clueless as to what to do in an emergency. MSC also doesn't seem to care nearly as much as Royal Caribbean does about washing your hands and staying clean. The hand sanitizer stations are sparse around the ship and NOBODY uses the hand washing stations (we were even getting weird looks when we used them)

MSC= false advertising

06330i’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 13053
The cabin is laid out nicely with plenty of storage. The cabin seems clean as well.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins