3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise as a way to sample the Islands without the hassle of Airport suffles. EMBARCATION. Sooth and efficient, we were directed to a Suite waiting Lounge and had our checkin performed very quickly. Following check in we were escorted to the escalators and told to proceed to the ship, We lined up along with all other passengers with no direction for Priority Boarding, until we stumbled upon a line that was apparently for Suite Guests, nobody had bothered to inform us of this line. Once on Board we were directed to Cagney's for our lunch, which was nice.' DINNING we dined in the two main restaurants on two separate occasions, The food quality was fair at best, and only warm and lacked flavour. The wait staff were not attentive and I noticed that many wore dirty aprons, not a great impression for food service. We dined twice using room service and again the food was only warm and lacking flavour, with no condiments provided or appropriate silverware. We Dined only once in a specialty Restaurant East Meets West, the Food here was a little better here, but nothing to rave about, the service was a lot better, but you would hope this was the case as an extra charge is applied here. We ate twice in the Main Buffet Aloha Cafe, usual mass produced food without any flare or taste, with the exception of the Hot Dogs. We ate at the Cadillac Diner for Lunch on a couple of occasions and the HOT Dogs were good there also but the English Fish and Chips were very Greasy Fish and American style french fries ( not english style at all, to add to this disgusting food the Malt Vinegar was only 10% Vinegar and 90% water, if I wanted water on my Chips I would have done so. BAR SERVICE The bar staff were uninterested in providing service, on a number of occasions I found the Bar staff watching the sports on the TVs and not worrying about the customers, additionally when I asked for a specific cocktail A Mango Daiquiri I was looked upon as if I had ordered something they had never heard of and made comments around they would do there best and how good they were making drinks. this happened at a number of Bars. Prices for drinks were outrageous as an example.I ordered a single Malt whisky on ice, and was charged USD$19.95 + Tax Plus + Gratuity now I understand that Taxes and Gratuities are standard when cruising, particularly in US based ships, but he base price for the Whisky at $19.95 was more than double compared to buying the same thing on Ovation of the Seas only 3 days prior where I paid $8.50 + Garturity & No taxes. BUTLER AND ROOM ATTENDANT The room attendant Lucica was absolutely brilliant any request was dealt with quickly and without expectation of reward, When we first went to our room she greeted us warmly and showed us the amenities and features of the room and advised us that our Butler Georgia would be along soon to introducer herself. Well Georgia did arrive some time later and introduced herself and asked if we wanted to have her unpack our luggage, to which we said no, I didn't want someone going through my underwear. When we did ask her to arrange for some room service we were informed that we should advise her at least 24hrs in advance so she can prepare. she took our order and after approximately 30 minutes the door bell rang and she let herself in. Apparently not wanting to wait for us to answer the door ( This happens every time she came to our suite Very inappropriate). Anyway she walks in with our dinner and as we had no table in our suite she places the food on the coffee table and lounge at the foot of the bed and leaves the silverware still wrapped in a serviette on the table and leaves, This is not butler service and room service attendant could do this. We find there is insufficient silverware provided and no condiments or bread and butter. Surely these are standard things a Butler would ensure are available. Our Butler did not provide any particular service when ever she came into our suite she would blow herself kisses in the mirror, she appeared to only be nice to solicit a tip at the end of the cruise In the End we went to extraordinary lengths to avoid her as we found her demeanor to be obnoxious. SUITE BENEFITS We had a Butler? We had free inhouse movies and we got to eat in Cagney's for Breakfast and Lunch No Internet No speciality dining No suite guest lounge with canapes and drinks in the afternoon Pay extra for a suite and get almost nothing for it apart from a larger room. DISEMBARKATION Bags Packed and left outside our room the last night onboard, on the Disembarkation day we proceeded down to the Gangway and were directed off the ship very quickly and efficiently our luggage was waiting for us at the appropriate location and we were off the ship and in a Taxi within 30 minutes of leaving our cabin , a very quick and professional experience. IN SUMMARY: I would recommend this trip if you want to sample some of the islands of Hawaii without .having to do the airport suffel. Would I recommend this as a cruise , Definitely not. as the title states its a Ferry service. Would I do it again NO Was it Value for Money NO Was there good service IN General NO but there were exceptions

A ferry service with a 3 Star Hotel

Pride of America Cruise Review by Sweepa from Tamworth

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

EMBARCATION.

Once on Board we were directed to Cagney's for our lunch, which was nice.'

DINNING

BAR SERVICE

BUTLER AND ROOM ATTENDANT

SUITE BENEFITS

We had a Butler?

We had free inhouse movies

and we got to eat in Cagney's for Breakfast and Lunch

No Internet

No speciality dining

No suite guest lounge with canapes and drinks in the afternoon

Pay extra for a suite and get almost nothing for it apart from a larger room.

DISEMBARKATION

Sweepa from Tamworth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 10016
The Suite was fairly spacious, the lack of a Dining Table in the Cabin made room service difficult, unless dining on the Balcony was a prefered option. The Bathroom had a step up and wind constantly whistled through the door latch. The Vanity Mirror in the dressing area did not work correctly.
The Bed was super comfortable, but the sofa was very Hard and if you wanted to take a nap on it it was out of the question.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins