Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by epryan5

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Overall, my family had the greatest time, on and off the ship! It was perfect for the eight adults - schools were in session so there were almost no children on board. The evening activities were lots of fun. Karaoke was great and it was crowded each evening. Fun way to have late night entertainment.

I lost my cool when we were on the one-hour trolley tour of Key West. The driver was somewhat distracted and never made it clear where to meet for the return trip to the Ship. He pointed out a bus stop near the Navy Station and said you could pick up a return trolley at a bus stop. We tried to flag down buses and trolleys for the return to the ship but no one would pick us up. Finally I met up with other family members who told us to walk back into town and take a different bus with them. I know we were not the only ones confused. We sat down on a brick stoop outside the Aquarium to make a phone call and two different groups of people approached us to ask if this is where we get the return ride. We told them we weren't sure but were going to follow the drivers instructions. BAD IDEA.

On the three hour Old Havana tour had an amazing guide named "Andrew." I was a little taken back by the amount of people begging for cash. In one courtyard, a young man sold us some coconut ice cream in a half coconut shell. It was icy and delicious. Other than that, most of us brought our own water bottles.

At the spa, the women giving the couples massage were NOT gentle. I could only imagine what a deep tissue massage would have been like.

I took two yoga classes for $15.00 extra. The first class was only 35 minutes. The next day it was 40 minutes.

Overall, I would take this same cruise again.

epryan5's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 8023

For some reason our cabin was larger that other balcony cabins located in back of ship. We didn't hear any noise in the hallways or the cabins on either side of us. Room was clean. I was a little disappointed at the rusting we saw in the balcony door.

Key West

This one hour tour covered a wide area however the driver never made it clear how to get back to the ship once it was over.

Havana

Andrew was our guide. Just enough walking and riding during the 3+ hours. You'll just have to ignore all the beggars.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We live in Central Florida so it is an easy ride to the port.

epryan5