3. Norwegian Joy
We chose this particular cruise to try out the bigger ships (had to try the go Karts) The embarkation out of Seattle was not a good experience, not even taking the construction into account. Of course there were huge lineups, but only The Haven and the regular line was available. What happened to Platinum and suite lines? There also seemed to be 2 levels and one Haven couple was sent from one level to the next only to be told go back. Very confusing. We were not given a Group # card, I assumed because Platinum got on early. But when I asked as handicapped were getting on, I was told "you must have gotten here really late.....no actually we were among the first to arrive.. Once onboard everything went smoothly. We had an Oceanview at the very front overlooking the bow. Great view of the "burgy bits" while staying warm. Trick to get a window in the dining rooms, go right at opening. Love being able to make reservations. There were computer screens all over the ship to make or cancel reservations, or see how the restaurants were filling up. The observation lounge was really nice, windows all across the front and quite a few loungers (although I never managed to snag one). The 2 shows and 2 comedies we saw were excellent. Costumes were incredible. Food was great no matter where you ate. All in all a great trip. Did not do any excursions because we have been to Alaska many times, but would go again, just for the trip...lol Disembarkation went much smoother I'm glad to say.

First BIG Ship

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by Sharmoon

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview with Large Picture Window

The 2 shows and 2 comedies we saw were excellent. Costumes were incredible.

Food was great no matter where you ate.

Disembarkation went much smoother I'm glad to say.
Sharmoon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Oceanview with Large Picture Window
Cabin OA 10706
The picture window faced the bow of the ship with a large platform below it, you could sit on (I used a pillow) Aside from this there was not any other sitting area. A counter to write on was above the small fridge. Shower with glass door.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins