3. Norwegian Joy
Getting on the boat was very easy, luggage was taken before we went to the boarding desk and easily found our room. Not like our last cruise through the Panama Canal when NCL stranded us at LAX for three hours and then had us carry our bags up the ramp to our room because we were late. The first night during our cruise on the Joy we experienced a loud thunder like noise in our room. The next day the noises became much louder and the whole room vibrated. At that point in time we realized it was the go-cart track on top of the ship. I waited in line for over 30 minutes because there were only a two people at the desk and line was long. The person at the desk said NCL did not know about the noise issue with the race track which I find hard to believe. They sent a manager up to our room to verify, there was a noise but nothing like earlier in the day. I asked for another room and they said there were no other outside balconies available. They give us an extra inside room close to our balcony room that we never used and was just as noisy. I spoke to a crew member the next day and he said NCL has known about the noise and vibration issue for a year and that the ship was not close to being full. NCL never acknowledged the noise issue, cover-up?. Smaller issues on the ship were the TV locking up and eventually flicking on the screen, there was a part missing from coffee machine in room, logging in and out of ship internet access on multiple devices, later fixed by a tech and not being able to access my email on my cell phone or table. When I decided to use one of the PCs on the ship I could access my email. Tech never suggested it. Theater was too small, only seated 800 people and ship holds over 4 thousand people. It was difficult to see shows at times and you had to have a reservation. Main lobby is too small for size of ship, and had to wait in line for long periods of time for guest services. We had much better experiences on smaller NCL ships. Service and food on the ship were very good, and most of the entertainment was excellent. Lots to do on the for teens and young adults with laser tag, modern video arcade, go-carts, and huge water slides. Because of how the room noise was handled, we will not travel on NCL again after six cruises in a row.

Experienced loud noises and vibration in room most of trip.

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by poulsbo5678

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

poulsbo5678’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 15248
Room was small but well laid out. Also brand new since this was only the third cruise on this ship. Had many problems with TV and coffee machine was missing a part.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins