3. Viking Sun
Two weeks ago, I returned from a four-month Around the World Cruise on the Viking Sun. The ship is beautiful. However, there were many things wrong with this cruise which is why I can give it only two stars. Five ports were missed because of "bad weather". Passengers were given NO compensation for ports missed except for one port when the ship had engine problems. The ship is two-years old and understaffed in the dining room. The service is very slow and the food is often served cold. Perpetual chaos in the dining room. Even though I complained several times to restaurant managers, the service never got better. The temperature in the dining room is often overly warm and uncomfortable. Asian food is served more often than to my liking and some foods are repeated often. Outdoor grilling is often served on the pool deck but the lines can be 15 minutes long because the cooking is slow. The passengers on the world cruise had two photo ops provided by the Viking staff on the bow of the ship. We were told that we would each receive a copy of a photo. We never received a photo. I recently learned that not only will we not receive a photo but also that the photo is posted on Facebook, and unless we have a Facebook account, we cannot see the photo nor will we receive a copy. I do not have a Facebook account and do not intend to get one. The Guest Services, Housekeeping, and bar staffs are excellent. The Shore Excursons staff does a great job of trying to accommodate passengers for their choice of shore excursions. The General Manager, Sujith, is extremely nice and does everything he can to grant requests from passengers. To sum up, I think that missing five ports on a world cruise with no compensation is unacceptable. I doubt I'll travel with Viking again. I found too many annoyances to make me want to sail with them again.

Disappointing

Viking Sun Cruise Review by GardeningTraveler

GardeningTraveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

The cabin is small with very limited closet space. The bed is very comfortable. The room stewards were excellent.