3. Costa Fortuna
We Booked the Costa Fortuna, as we had had such a good cruise on the Costa Pacifica. We had a Large cabin with broken shower, broken heating system and a Leaking tap on sink, Damaged shower curtain, hence water on the floor and the Tv control did not function. Not a good start. We found the food was of poor quality and was always served warm or cold, never a hot meal in a week. Poor selection on salad bar never any tomatoes, bruised and soft fruit, cold toast which was hard, luke warm coffee and tea, not enough staff to clear the tables and we had the same selection of desserts all week. The bar service was a little slow,but only because there were not enough staff. Hospitality was more like Hostility, Refusal to except criticism, refused to give me a Complaint forms and said that they did not have them. They charged us 10 euros each for a shuttle service although we found that the official port shuttles are only 4 euro, when I enquired about shuttles and transfers they never volunteered other methods only their own. The constant harassing for photos, upgrading,selling of different PAY restaurants when in the dining halls or bars even walking the decks. The ship was like a bus, passengers on and off at every port, hence every day when the safety drills were being done all the bars were closed and the tannoy was blasting out for ages. In one hour there were 40 plus announcements. I would say having had 25 plus cruises, this has to be the poorest of them all. I will Never choose Costa again.

Big disappointment.

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by derek smith

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

The bar service was a little slow,but only because there were not enough staff.

derek smith’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC 1315
Cabin large,condition average,equipment poor. Cabin Boy good and very courteous.
Miami Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins