3. Carnival Glory
First and foremost let's start with the embarkation process. This being my first carnival Cruise and my first cruise out of the Port of New Orleans I was pleasantly surpised how efficiently my party of six got through the process. I should note we had the 11:30am check in. When we arrived prior to our boarding time we were greeted with happy employees who were already pushing people through from 12:30 block. Needless to say this didn't negatively effect our process as we were on promptly. As we entered the ship we took the opportunity to begin to utilize our Cheers drink package. Our experience as a group was that the cheers package was an excellent addition for our cruise experience. We became regulars at the alchemy bar were Ed our go to bartender had us drinking some great cocktails. My group's only complaint from the Cheers package was being blindsided by the extra charges while still in Louisanna waters. Granted it was negligible but it was still an annoying factor in the beginning and end of our alcohol experience. After enjoying a few beverages we had the opportunity to check out our cabins. I was pleasantly surpised with the size of the cabin. We we're lucky enough to be told to bring a surge protector to get more outlets and USB fans in case the rooms were a little warm. We had two rooms for our party of six and one room was perfectly air-conditioned at all times the other ran warm. That being my only complaint the bathroom was nice and the cabin all and all was nice. Food experience My group was lucky to have let me do a lot of research prior to getting on the carnival glory. We had a nice game plan that allowed us to attack carnival glory with a great plan. We spent every dinner at the main Dining room except for two (chefs table and emerald steakhouse). Our main dining room experience was excellent our server, Red , knew our name before we finished our first meal and was excellent at getting us whatever we asked for promptly. His team also had our go to drinks ready to go every day. The food was good and we never left hungry. We did go to the main dining room on sea days for the sea day brunch. This is an awesome experience that you should check out as it's a full breakfast experience with stuff like Huevos Rancheros and Steak and Eggs. Do yourself a favor and do this at least once for your sea day breakfast. Our other breakfast option was blue iguana cantina. We did this during port days as it was a quick but filling meal. They had a lot of options with good flavors and if you were still hungry you could just walk into the lido buffet behind it.( I was full with the burrito so I never went into the lido for breakfast) Moving on for Lunch the bot iguana cantina offered burritos, tacos, and chips/salsa. I had no complaints as this was a regular go to during my lunch time hours. Guys burgers : the burgers were awesome when they were open. The service was quick and the topping bar was pretty awesome. I enjoyed there take on the fries. The deli: the deli had a lot of good options my only complaint was when it was crowded it was not a quick easy to fill up. Never had a bad meal here though. Guys BBQ: I was only fortunate enough to make it here once during the cruise but the good was really good. I definitely didn't expect this quality food while at Sea when it came to BBQ . Specialty options: Chefs table was an excellent experience. It started off with a tour of the entire kitchen. During this tour sooner if the chefs showed us how they made some of the dishes. They eventually took us to our own septate room for the meal. The courses were excellent. Unlike royal Caribbean chef table wetter they pair a wine with each course Carnival let us pick a wine to pair for the entire dinner. At the end we were given a photograph of the group and the employees who served us. It was a nice ending touch. Emerald steakhouse: I'll be honest I Wasn't initially intending on going to the Steakhouse during our cruise but we decided to try it out. The entire meal was excellent, I did the wagu steak with an add NB of the lobster tail. The appetizers prior were great the sides are ok with the main course. That being said this was one of the best meals I ever had at Sea or on land. Entertainment and activities: I had high hopes for the activities as a long time royal Caribbean cruiser. I felt like our cruise director fell flat to what I was used to. Some of the activities the previous cruise director had were missing (the qwest) and some Royal Caribbean regulars weren't there at all ( belly flop). That being said ... The love and marriage show, CLUE game, Hasbro Game Night and battle of the sexes were awesome. They had a ton of trivia opportunities and the night club was always a good time. I felt as if the cruise was missing that constant cruise director experience to make the activities feel like can't miss opportunities. Lip sync battle wasn't for me but I encourage you to try it. I highly recommend you check out the punchline comedy club and the piano bar which were lively every night and kept the entertainment going. My only negative with the night life was how early most of the bars closed. Many bars closed at midnight which for me is sometimes when the party was just really getting started. Ports of call: Cozumel Mexico : I have been to this port plenty so it was important to do an excursion to enjoy my time here. My group decided on a catamaran and all inclusive at passion island. The catamaran ride was relaxing and the island was awesome. Drinks and food included with sports and other activities. We enjoyed this excursion the most of the two. Yucatan Progreso: Yucatan is very much a developing tourism spot. The beach is Beautiful but you can tell they are trying to build amenities to make it more attractive toursim destination. We did the Corona Beach party. The drinks and the ride were included and for the price I definitely got my money's worth. The only downside was a lot of people pushing stuff to sell on you while trying to enjoy the beach. Lastly debarkation process: as I was staying in NoLa the next two days this process was harmless. I rolled my luggage off the boat and through customs within 15 minutes. Hardest part was saying goodbye to excellent vacation. I highly recommend this cruise and this itinerary for the price. My experience was so good I've already booked my next carnival Cruise

In depth look at a first time Carnival experience

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by BellyflopchampRC