Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review
1,342 Reviews

Great mini cruise with interesting stops.

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Leedsutdskin

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

I fell in love with the QM2 when I did the transatlantic crossing last October. I booked another transatlantic so wanted another one in between. Because the single cabins had gone then the cost was extra expensive so a short cruise was needed. This visited p places id not been to before as well.

I was on a table of 8 for the 6pm and the writing staff were friendly efficient and very professional. There wasn't a meal I didn't enjoy. The main meals are a little short of vegetables but we asked for extra and they were provided for us every night.

I chose to eat all my meals in the Britannia apart from breakfasts on tour days when I had room service and late night snacks when I used the kings court.

People are very friendly and so I never lonely and shared tables at lunchtime.

There were lots of activities to do and I enjoyed them all. I did a couple of spinning classes but don't why these have to be paid for as other classes were free.

I arrived early for embarkation but that was not an issue and I was on the ship in under 30 mins. I self disembarked so that was equally smooth.

The tours are great. I went on the walking tour and canal ride in bruges. The tour guide was very informative and with doing four a first visit. On Guernsey I did the sea kayaking. This was great was it was the other side of the island di we had chance to see the island and the instructor was very friendly and from the island so very informative. Highly recommended.

The entertainment was mixed. Some very good, some ok and some not quite up to it.

Leedsutdskin's Full Rating Summary

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BY 5104

Generally the cabin was really nice. I was just disappointed that because it was a sheltered cabin you are unable to see the sea unless sound up. It still was nice being able to go outside

Canal Boat Tour

Was included as part of tor and with doing. Because it was booked there was no waiting which was good as some boats had large queues

View All 39 Canal Boat Tour Reviews
Walking Tour

Since I had not been to bruges before it helped get me orientated and so was able to use the free time very effectively

View All 51 Walking Tour Reviews

Great trip well worth doing. Well organised. Amazing views.

View All undefined undefined Reviews