3. Carnival Valor
We have sailed on this ship in the past out of Miami. We were looking for a 4 night cruise out of New Orleans or Mobile so chose this ship. Embarkation was easy other than navigating the New Orleans traffic. It took us more than 1 hour to get from the entrance to the port to inside the parking garage. Our check in time was 12-12:30 and we planned to arrive at the port about 11:45. That wasn't enough time! Overall the ship is in good condition. The crew was friendly. We purchased the Cheers package, after much debate, calculating, more debate, etc. I don't plan to calculate anymore but I think it paid for itself. However, I would not order this for a longer cruise, that's just too much daily drinking for us. Food: In a nutshell it was bad. School cafeteria is the best description. The main dining room was like an assembly line. Our waiters were not personable and it did not feel like a fine dining event at all. The Lido Buffet was equally as bad. The bright spots were Guys Burgers, yummy! Blue Iguana was also good. We ate at Scarlett's 2 nights of the 4 because it was delicious. Dress Code: Forget it. Wear what you want because no one on Carnival cares. The bright spot of our trip was The Alchemy Bar. The servers, Ivana, Maureen and Amel were wonderful and the drinks were the best! We did a mixology class with Ivana that was a lot of fun and we learned how to make some of their cocktails. Try the Basil Drop, Seduction Martini or Cucumber Sunrise! I rate this as average. It had been about 5 years since we had been on Carnival and it may be 5 more. I think we will go back to the other cruise lines for the quality of the food and service.

Valor Review - Some highs and lows

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by sunny delight

Dress Code: Forget it. Wear what you want because no one on Carnival cares.

sunny delight’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 1343
The cabin was a typical Carnival cabin.Plenty of closet space for 3 people. However, cabin service was very basic and was only serviced late mornings. I requested evening as well and that happened 1 time.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins