3. Norwegian Pearl
First Europe cruise with what we were told would be one of the best cruise companies out there. What we ended up with is one of the worse cruises I have ever been on. To be fair most of the passengers that we spoke with commented that they have always had good cruises with Norwegian and they could not figure out why this cruise was so bad, sorry to say this was my fist with this company. First the good, room was good, clean and well maintained. Bars and cocktails were fine. Approximately 60% of the staff went out of their way to make it a enjoyable cruise. The bad, top on the list was the food. I have never been on a cruise that had such poor quality food and lack of changing the menu from day to day. The exception was with 3 out of 4 dinner houses (specialty dining). Some of the rudest staff was found at the dining halls/restraint (not the Specialty dining), customer service area and the casino.It was so bad we tried to avoid these areas which is a shame because I actually like to go to the casino, but the machines was so tight and staff was so rude I just didn't go. Saved some money at least. Worst of all we took the cruise to see other countries and every excursion was screwed up. Staging all excursions from one location is stupid specially sense we were always late leaving the boat. They also did not keep to the advertised time table resulting in my wife and I missing 2 of our paid excursions (not Norwegian Excursions which was screwed up also). One excursion they anchored a mile off and took us in using their life boats, what a messed up operation. They boarded us on the seaward side in swells with old people falling everywhere and being beat-up until they realized there may be a safety issue ( I have video of this disaster). Overall the cruise left me thinking that Norwegian may not be as good as everyone told me, they differently ruined my first European cruise. But my wife and many other of the passengers swear this was not a typical Norwegian vacation. I can not say I will not try another Norwegian cruise, but I can diffidently say I will not ever book a trip on the Pearl again.

Not what we have been told about quality of Norwegian cruises

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by BRUCECORSAW

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

BRUCECORSAW’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8604
Good, well maintained and good service.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins