3. Norwegian Sun
My wife chose this cruise as she wanted to visit Havana, Cuba. We arrived the morning of departure but didn't check in at the boat until 1pm. Lines were just getting busy. They moved quickly and we were on board after about 15-20 minutes inside the terminal getting our room keys/info. Make sure to have all your paperwork/reservation info and your passports ready to go when you get in line. Once on board our rooms weren't ready. The crew onboard had set up an area within the Bliss Lounge that you could check your luggage at so you wouldn't have to drag it around with you. The crew member gave us a "receipt" for our luggage and my wife and I then walked around the ship. It was raining lightly at the time so the pool deck was closed. We found one of the restaurants and had a nice lunch. While eating lunch an announcement was made that our rooms were ready. After lunch we claimed our luggage from Bliss lounge and found our room. We were on Deck #6 towards the front of the boat. Our hallway only had 7-8 rooms on that side of it so the noise level was very low and foot traffic - none. It was a great spot. Like most ships our room was small but had enough space/storage to handle a large suitcase and a carry on case. My wife also had a large carryon purse/bag that didn't take up much space. Room was very clean and bright with our large window. No balcony. Bathroom is the only downside to these rooms. Very small, but then again you are on a ship. We ate most of our dinners in one of the main dining rooms. We didn't do too much for lunch. Breakfast we did the buffets. The food at both the buffets and the dining rooms were great. The menus in the dining rooms had a nice variety and actually had flavor. If you are a foodie and enjoy nice dinners/lunches, you won't be disappointed. Our cruise did include the free beverage package. There are a few drinks on their menu that you will see a charge for. They usually included a special cup or some other type of special offer with the drink. If you just want a beer, wine, whiskey, mixed drink, or soda, then it was included. You would think that people would take advantage of the package and just cut loose a little too much. To my surprise it wasn't that bad. You had a few that took it a little too far, but for the most part people stayed within their limits and just enjoyed their trip. Our first port of call was Key West. For some reason our ship didn't dock until 1pm. We then had to be back on the boat by 6pm. Our excursion was to start at 1:30pm, but by the time we got off the boat and to our excursion starting point, it was around 2pm. Our excursion lasted approximately 3 hours. My wife and I had basically 1 hour to shop around Key West. We would have liked more time to experience the area. Our excursion was fun though. We did the Key Lime Bike tour. Got a little hot as the weather was in the upper 80's. Our tour guide, James, was fun and full of Key West history/knowledge. The Key Lime pie at the end of the ride was great. The one thing with the Sun is there isn't a lot of night activities scheduled other than the main show. My wife and I aren't big into dancing, and we don't gamble too much. The nightly schedule would include a few couples "game show" type shows. We did watch one called the "perfect couple". Three couples would have to perform certain tasks with their spouse/significant other. It was funny and a good time. The ship also had a comedian on board that week and we caught his "clean" show and the "adult" show. Both were funny and had us in tears at one point. The next morning we were in Havana. The ship sits in the City's harbor and when you exit the pier terminal you step right out into a very busy street of Havana. There are classic cars and horse drawn carriages just waiting to give tourists rides. Some other cruisers on our boat noted that they rented one of the classis cars for a tour of the city for around $40-$50 US dollars. They said the tour lasted about an hour. Havana is not the cleanest place in the world but the atmosphere and the people were great. Old Havana was fun to walk around in. The tight cobble-stoned streets with the tropical colors of the buildings were great. We did an excursion with a company outside of the cruise and had lunch at a local restaurant along with visits to local landmarks. It was a great time. Our itinerary included an overnight stay in Havana. I think it was so the people who wanted to shell out $250 per person for the Tropicana show excursion could do so. My wife and I didn't do that one. We stayed on the ship and enjoyed a nice dinner at Cagney's Steakhouse. Again the food was great. My steak was a little over cooked, but it wasn't terrible. The cut of meat was great and they included the house steak sauce which was very good. We had a nice desert to top off the meal. Because we were celebrating a special occasion, our waitress brought out a second desert for us. The next day we were heading back to Florida. Thursday was basically a day at sea. We didn't do much other than sit by the pool and watch some of the poolside games the activity staff had going on. Would have liked to have the morning hours to explore Havana a little more. My wife and I took advantage of the early disembarkation of the ship. We had an early flight out of Orlando. The ship docked at 7am. For the early disembarkation you have to be off the ship by 8:30am. You also have to carry your own luggage off. This was not a problem given our one large suitcase and carry on bag. The exit off the ship was easy with all walking ramps down into the terminal. No stairs or other issues that would have to worry about. Overall a great trip. Would go back to Havana and Key West again. Would prefer a little more time at each stop. The ship was great and the staff was amazing. Highly recommend the Norwegian Sun.

Great Cruise Experience

dsplitt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Partially Obstructed Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OK 6003

The deck's walking track goes by your room's window. On our cruise we weren't in our room too much so this wasn't an issue. The track is open at 8am and closed at 8pm, so people aren't walking by your room at all hours of the night or morning. The glass looking into your room must only be one-way from the inside, as you can't see into the room from the outside. The ocean view is not obstructed at all.

Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Bicycle Tour
    Nice tour. Tour guide James was funny and keeps things light. You are riding on busy streets. Key Lime pie at end of tour was great!
    View All 25 Bicycle Tour Reviews