Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Margarita Jane

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

We chose this cruise for the ports. We wanted to see a Dubai and Petra. In my opinion, the ship was in pretty good shape. Yes, it needs paint in a few areas, but it is due for a refurbish anyway. I like the M class ships and was very happy with the ship. We could not get excited about the entertainment offerings in the theatre, which I think was because it was a repositioning cruise. We did enjoy the Take 5 band. The food in the main dining room was good, not great, but I had no trouble finding something that I wanted to eat. I was disappointed with the Tuscan Grill. I thought my steak lacked seasoning and could have used a little more attention from the servers. At $45 per person, I will not go back. Princess specialty restaurants, ie Crown Grill, is $29 per person. We did eat at Quine twice - catching it on sale at $30 per person, I felt we got much more attention and a great selection of food. We had 9 sea days, including transiting the Suez Canal, and 5 ports. We did ship excursions in Muscat, Oman and Petra, Jordan. We had scheduled a walking tour in Muscat which was cancelled, and the only other offering was a panoramic tour. It gave us the opportunity to get off the ship, but we were not impressed with Muscat, or the panoramic tour. Our ships tour of Petra was excellent. I only wish we had another day in Petra to explore some more. We rented a car in Katakolon and drove to Olympia. I was disappointed in Olympia. While there is signage by most of the ruins to describe the ancient use, they did not provide a map or brochure to help you organize your visit. Also, there is no parking at the site. You have to find a parking spot in the modern town of Olympia and then walk to the site. We did like the little town of a Katakolon and the people were very friendly. Our cruise also visited Dubai and Athens, where we had arranged private tours.

Margarita Jane's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 6144

Our stateroom was on the penthouse deck, between the suites. This stateroom is not as big as it looks on a deck plan, as there is a attendant storage/corridor between this stateroom and the suite next door.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Probably our fault....we disembarked in Civitavecchia and had rented a car for subsequent travel in Italy. There was a shuttle that took us to the port exit, but this exit was different from the port exit used on previous trips. We found ourselves a long distance from our rental car agency that is located near the other port exit. We never thought about the port changing its exits.

Margarita Jane