3. Carnival Glory
1. Name of ship-Carnival Glory 2. Room #1298 3. date-November 2018 If you find anything in all the time and effort to putting this review together, please let me know with a helpful vote! 4. Pros-Servers, Phoebe and Conrad, fast internet, Ship tour and meeting the captain, nice shows, good dining room food. 5. Cons- Poor Maitre d’ service, no maps provided for our ports (this was a first for us), No info that there was a Christmas theme day, Grand Turk, crowded Lido deck, smallest Atrium, left stateroom keys at your room. 6. Room- 7. Bed=A The main beds have the comfort mattresses but not the Pullmans, they are uncomfortable 8. Pillows=Our pillows were comfortable 9. Heating and air= We were kept comfortable, sometimes units don’t work well enough but this was fine. 10. Metal walls= Doors were and some walls. We always bring magnetized items like a grease board for the door, pen holders, kid magnets for the walls, magnet hooks, etc. 11. shower size= Well, it’s a cruise ship so small… it is a curtain style (see pic). 12. noise= There was some kind of electric machine near our room that we could hear run 10-30 seconds then shut off. It wasn’t obtrusive and never woke us up but something you noticed and wondered what’s that noise. The room location was actually pretty quiet other than our neighbors not know how to catch a door and letting them slam. 13. Bathroom- we REALLY like all shelves and large counter with 6 shelves attached to the mirror. It looked older but who cares, we care about storage for our stuff (see pic). 14. smooth= Not sure if it was the ship or the weather but we didn’t have much yaw or pitch (rocking). 15. weather= I’d say we got very lucky on this cruise because it rained and sea days and not on port days. The Dominican Republic didn’t start raining until after we boarded the ship. 16. Ship GPS= I’m glad that it appears that all the ships now have the on board tracking with ship info… Not sure if this the geek in me or what but I hated older ships not having that information on my TV. 17. internet=The internet (social package anyway) was pretty good on this ship even in my cabin allowing several pictures to be uploaded in just a minute or two, which by ship internet standards is pretty good. 18. Dining=We were a party of 5 and to our surprise we were seated at a 4 top table. We know it wasn’t our waiters’ fault and notified the Maître d’ assistant. The next day we went to her first and was informed that the tables are full and suggested to go to anytime dining (if we wanted anytime that is what we would have booked). We asked if anything opened to let us know as this should have never happened in the first place. Well, we were never moved to a proper table and in all the cruises we’ve been on with a party of 5 did they ever pull something like this. Apparently, they thought since we have a 5-year-old that you can just stick him on the end and not take up much room but anyone with kids knows how wrong this is. Of all the cruises we have always met the Maitre d’ and since he never came around, this person is an obvious fail for the Carnival Glory. Our lead server Phoebe was good when she was there but was out sick several days and the assistants English was poor and service was lacking I guess due to being shorthanded. 19. The table was in a high traffic area, but we were not cramped. 20. laundry=I don’t believe there is laundry facilities on this ship for the public, we did tour the laundry facility for dry cleaning and the ship’s hotel and crew. I was particularly impressed with the automatic sheet folder and how many sheets it can fold in a minute. PUBLIC AREAS 21. Atrium= The smallest I’ve ever seen so all the events were super crowded (see pic of me with the Billy Jean by Michael Jackson tile) 22. Smoking= Other than going by the casino (which they always put in an open high traffic area) Carnival has gotten better about restricting smoking in low traffic areas away from our kids which is much appreciated. 23. Lido deck/pool=A unique tiered setup (see pic) that made for getting around very difficult/crowded at the pool area as well as the many levels around the pool area. Would have been near impossible for a stroller or wheelchair to be used with all the stairs. Once you got a seat, it was fine for the outdoor screen with pretty good views. Per Cruise Critic 24. Personal Background Information=This was my 11th cruise and we often travel with my family of 2 young boys currently 5 and almost 2. We went with our good friends and this was their first cruise, 25. Travel To Port of Embarkation=Flew to FLL 26. Hotel Info (if any)= Stayed at the La Quinta Inn with free airport shuttle and arranged cruise port shuttle (see my review on Trip Advisory). 27. Embarkation=They assigned you a boarding number dependent on your arrival time and you took a seat in the meantime (appeared to be plenty of seating). We arrived an hour or more before our time and I think we were zone 6. Once ship boarding started, we were on board pretty quick. 28. Stateroom=1298 (inside) It seems unsafe to leave your room key at your room… what if someone goes in your room at takes a robe, who get charged for that? I understand it moves things faster but this doesn’t seem to be a good idea from a security standpoint. 29. Ship Info=Carnival Glory 30. Dining=early assigned, we always prefer so we get to know our servers and they know us. 31. Activities= - Children's Clubs 32. Staff & Service=Not much to say other than my 5 year usually loves going but he went once and never wanted to go back. We made him try again and the staff seemed friendly and tried to get him to engaged but he didn’t want to stay. This was odd for him. 33. Entertainment=Motown show with Motown music was enjoyable (I’m from Michigan so some bias there) but the shows quality on Carnival has really improved over past few years. Their ‘new’ LED screen really helped the effects of the shows. 34. Shore Excursions= Grand Turk: Not much to see here… was quoted a price and my 5 year old would be free (this is typical) but the driver tried to scam us saying I would have to pay full price for my kid. When I told him forget it and went to the tour operator, she told him that kids are free to take us or she would get another driver to do it. He then tried to get me to pay half for my kid and I told him no, then he begrudgingly agreed but I looking back wished I told him to get lost and go with another more honorable driver. Island is small, not much to see but an old lighthouse that wants $5 just to go into the yard (not climb it) and wild donkeys. Beautiful waters though we didn’t swim here. St Thomas: Sky ride has spectacular views and well worth the money to get awesome pictures of your ship and port. Cheap souvenirs up here too, just shop around a little bit. Puerto Rico: We took a taxi to Castillo San Filipe del Morro (the big fort) and walked back to the ship and stopped at the smaller Castillo de San Cristobal fort. I really enjoyed the big fort, I’ve been to several and the size of this one was impressive. My wife thought the walk back to the ship was much longer than the taxi driver led us to believe, but it was downhill and not too bad for the rest of us. Dominican Republic: Have to admit it was my favorite but we never went outside of the cruise theme park type of port. We all enjoyed the monstrous swim park very much, they even have a kids water splash pad. Everything was very close, a lot to do in the port but as far as getting any knowledge of the island, it’s people or life on the island I got none. Maybe next time we will, maybe not since we enjoyed it so much. 35. Disembarkation=We always pick last to get off, go to the dining room as late as possible and just hang out until the crowd clears. Our waiter Conrad encouraged us to stay, he was a hoot and we immediately liked him. We complimented him on how well he treated us and he shared that he is a Christian and in over 15 years of service is what he lives to do personally and professional. We would have loved to have always had him as our sever with his magnetic personality. 36. Summary=Other than the dining debacle that was never resolved, we had a very good time and look forward to sailing again on the Carnival Glory. If you found anything helpful in all the time and effort putting this review together, please let me know with a helpful vote!

Bad dinner seating, Good Cruise.

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Travel N

1. Name of ship-Carnival Glory

2. Room #1298

3. date-November 2018

6. Room-

8. Pillows=Our pillows were comfortable

19. The table was in a high traffic area, but we were not cramped.

PUBLIC AREAS

Get Carnival Glory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4B 1298
6. Room-
7. Bed=A The main beds have the comfort mattresses but not the Pullmans, they are more uncomfortable
8. Pillows=Our pillows were comfortable
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)
    Dominican Republic: