3. Celebrity Silhouette
When you get Meat Loaf on the menu in the MDR you know standards have dropped! That’s what happened here on the Silhouette and just shows how much this company is cutting back! The food standards in Ocean View has also suffered badly. Have sailed with Celebrity 5 times now, but will have to seriously consider if we go back on them. We saw the same 3 shows from the in-house team of dancers as a year ago, (they even must be fed up doing them!) The day time activities are practically none existent, unless you like a quiz, these seem to be the main stay of the sea day! The same talks about Matt Monroe! The same boring Max paintings in the art auctions! However, they have put some new slot machines in the casino - this proved a good opportunity to put the slot prices up to 88cents a go! Don’t waste your money there, they are all so “tight” your unlikely to win! To make things worse Celebrity seriously reduced the price of this Ireland/Icelandic cruise so those faithful cruisers who booked early were well and truly fleeced. We complained about the reduced prices and got upgraded but we were still out of pocket, our friends even more so. I have always rated Celebrity 5 stars across the board so I hate writing this negative feedback, but unless the owners wake up they are going to loose their loyal customers ! I may add I never encountered any rude staff, they were all nice and I think they must be equally suffering too from these cutbacks with added workloads.

Meat Loaf!