3. Norwegian Breakaway
After a very disorganized and HOT embarkation; (We were delayed to embark, apparently due to customs late clearance of the ship.) So, 4500 people were waiting the HOT Florida weather with NO A/C! Not the best way to start out. We boarded on Sunday (for my birthday!) and started to explore the ship. I had been on Breakaway in 2013; shortly after she began sailing and was anxious to see how she has fared... The ship is still very pretty and appeared very clean and not really showing too much age. There is one fundamental "flaw" in my opinion that I felt then; and absolutely on this sailing. The MAIN pool for 4000 people is not adequate to accommodate that many; especially on sea days. We avoided it at all cost and spent most of our time in the more quiet, serene Spice H20. The waterfall does give enough relief and it was very pleasant. I still do not understand why a ship would have these beautiful jumbo screens and only use them for a continual loop of national geographic sites day after day. While on other cruise lines, the jumbo screen is utilized day and night with concerts, movies, documentaries and so on. That is one of my favorite activities; that I missed on this ship.. All in all, no complaints....except the main pool size!.....and the casino! It was so smokey....and no tables under $10 at all......not even during the day times...... The food was very good. (no specialty packages for me...there is plenty of complimentary options.) The seafood buffet was good. There are different theme nights at the buffet each night; Seafood, Asian, Mexican, etc. For a buffet, they seemed to be ok, I usually passed. Most nights we ate in Manhattan Room. I just really like the atmosphere, even thought the service was a little slower. The shows were ok. I LOVE Burn the Floor. Fantastic. Plus the little "teases" in the Manhattan Dining room. Nice touch. Rock of Ages was weird the first time I saw it in 2013; and even weirder this time... Yes, it is funny and yes it is on the raunchy side....not everyone will get it......but this time, it seemed to be a lot longer...and in my opinion; way too long! The performers were very good, for sure. Talented and enthusiastic; but too long for me. The Comedy was good. Great comedic magician on last night. Very talented. LOVED Howl at the Moon. These guys were really good. Cruise director was ok; Cruise staff all hard working but just something missing. I can't put my finger on it.. All in all, it was a nice cruise After all, not such thing as a bad cruise, right? This one was ok, nothing spectacular. Maybe because I have been on her before...maybe because we cruise the Caribbean a lot;...not sure. It was ok. Feel Free to ask any questions.

Nice week, Great weather, not blown away by the ship...

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by funinthsun

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom

We boarded on Sunday (for my birthday!) and started to explore the ship.

funinthsun’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IA 14623
I have not been in an interior cabin for a long time and definitely prefer balcony, but this was ok. We certainly slept a lot later than normally would have. After we go in the rhythm of sharing the small space. It was fine. Not a lot of storage/closet space though. It Forced me to see more of the ship, and use the cabin for sleeping and dressing.. For budget options, interior works
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins