3. Golden Princess
This was our first cruise, we were not sure if we were cruise people or not. It was a family get together so there was 7 of us. We got a suite, Sun deck 705. Loved the room, it was big, the bathroom was incredible, we only knew how good it was after seeing other rooms. There was a bathtub and a shower, the only problem was that it took forever to fill the bathtub and sometimes were was no hot water. The Golden Princess is an older ship, there was leaks throughout the ship, not a lot but I'm wondering if there should be any! The food was good, but I have nothing to compare it too being our first cruise. The sales staff was a bit pushy which I did't like after a while we would take the long way to avoid the art gallery pushers, they would sometimes block the isles so you would have to slow down to talk to them. The shore excursions were pricey for what it was, especially the Ketchikan bus/flight to the George Inlet Crab lunch, the flight back lasted 20 mins the most and the bus ride was about the same, crab was good, but all that was not worth $250 USD each person.

First cruise was unexpectedly good!

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Fiona A

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

The food was good, but I have nothing to compare it too being our first cruise.

Fiona A’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 S705
The room was great, I liked the size, the bathroom, the bed was very comfortable.
The balcony was large and the deck chairs comfortable. We had breakfast on the balcony at Glacier Bay.
There was a large rust hole on one of the pillars on the balcony, and there were covers on the ceiling held by metal clips that flapped in the wind making lots of noise on some nights.
Sun Deck Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins