3. Symphony of the Seas
First of all let's start at the beginning. Total passengers - up to 6800 - crew 2500 - i thought it would be a crowded ship!!! NOT!!! There's so much to do, so many places to be, eat, have fun that we never noticed lines or crowded places. I was totally surprised and happy. SHOWS AND PERFORMERS This ship has the best talent of not only any other ship I've been on, but they equal if not surpass professional shows on Broadway, ice shows, concerts, etc. The ICE SHOW was terrific with champion performers from Canada and France. And they start the show off with 50 drones coming right at you. HAIRSPRAY was also terrific. The actors could not only perform but were excellent singers and dancers. TOP NOTCH. The AQUASHOW was also top notch. Diving from 80', performing in mid-air and on the water was outstanding, and the rope aquatics was unbelievable. The INFLIGHT show was also terrific and excellent. Again, great talent. And to top it all off was the orchestra. Only 9 musicians but world-class talent. 2 saxes, 2 trumpets, 2 guitars, one trombone, keyboards, and drummer and they did the music for Hairspray and Inflight and also performed in the Jazz Lounge and other venues on the ship. I am an amateur musician and just loved listening to them. FOOD I thought the food was close to excellent, especially the surf and turf dinner they had. Lobster tails and filet were just great. The staff was excellent and were right there anytime we needed something. I must commend the ship for being able to feed 9000 people daily and cook the food perfectly. Each night the menue had 4 or 5 new dinner options along with 4 or 5 of the same ones which they offered every night. Apps and desserts were also excellent. The dining room we were in was very nice and we could see the ocean from our table. The buffet in the Windjammer was also very good. It's a buffet but they had very good food and I loved their salad selection and the produce was cut up small as I like it. They had a Mexican buffet too which was very popular but I didn't partake. We liked to be waited on so ate most breakfast and dinners in the dining room. We ate in Johnny Rockets and was what you expected. Good lunches (but you pay for it). Breakfast was not a favorite with me at JR. Park Cafe was good and a little different. We ate lunch there one day. And we didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants as we just didn't see a reason too. And there were other free restaurants and eating places that we just didn't use. You shouldn't have any trouble finding food to eat. ROOM Our room was what you would expect on a cruise ship: big enough to get around. The bathroom was pretty good as was the shower. Plenty of storage for clothes, both draws, and closet space to hang things. They also had a safe. Service was excellent both morning and night. We had an inside balcony which was nice. Only complaint was we wanted to sit out there in the afternoon once or twice but the music was kind of loud and not our type of music. Otherwise, this room was very, very good. Finally, let me just say a couple more things. For those of you who like pools and hot tubs you won't be disappointed as they have multiples of each with tons of lounge chairs to choose from. I was on a Carnival cruise ship that didn't have nearly enough lounge chairs to accommodate the passengers. This ship always had empty lounge chairs. I loved the ship and everything about it and would book another cruise in an instant. If you can afford it take a 2 week cruise. I think they do the western then the eastern Caribbean in consecutive weeks. There were people who did this. BEST CRUISE SHIP I'VE BEEN ON. A word about excursions. We only took 2, a glass bottom boat in Cozimel. I was disappointed because most of the fish were just fish color: no vibrant colors or anything to talk about. Maybe this reef is not the one to do. We did do the GUMBALIMBA PARK in Roatan and it was terrific. Yes, a lot of walking but the experience was excellent and the McCaws were loose as were the Iguanas. They also had tame monkeys which they put on your shoulders if you like. Same with the McCaws. Anyway, it was nice. In Costa Maya we just walked around but there was a huge swimming pool with plenty of lounges with a swim up bar. Also a dolphin experience and other bars. The breeze was nice. Finally, one comment. Because of storms up and down the east coast our flight was cancelled and we almost didn't make the ship. Book flights a day or 2 in advance and enjoy the city you are sailing out of.

A GREAT CRUISE

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Mike_tbone

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Interior

SHOWS AND PERFORMERS

FOOD

ROOM

BEST CRUISE SHIP I'VE BEEN ON.

Mike_tboneā€™s Full Rating Summary