3. Britannia
This was our second trip aboard the Britannia and chose the ship rather than the destinations because we loved or first cruise on her. She is a fantastic ship with all the modern facilities you would expect from a floating hotel. My wife and I love the entertainment on board and enjoyed some very professional acts that kept us laughing and dancing for most of the trip. We also love good food and were not disappointed by the variety available on board. We had a terrific Indian meal in the Sindu an amazing wine and food experience in the Glass House. Although these restaurants make a cover charge for the meals the cost is minimal and no where near the prices you would pay ashore. We did a couple of excursions but would not recommend them as they are quite expensive and can be done a lot cheaper by local tour operators if you have the confidence. There are always down sides to every holiday in this was no exception. The room we chose was not ideal and I hold my hands up as it was me that chose it. It was on "A" deck and that was a big mistake as it is directly below the Horizon restaurant. Although there was little noise from the restaurant its self, the noise from the kitchens was incredible. It continued on some evenings until well after midnight. Just as well we are night birds. The most unfortunate thing was the fact that the service area access door for the Horizon was opposite our cabin (A612). The floor outside was constantly wet and the smell was sometimes unbearable. On our last morning aboard the area actually flooded and we woke up to wet carpets in our room. Not good P&O - you need to look into that. All in all the trip was enjoyable and we have booked another cruise on Britannia already. Ive chosen "C" deck this time so hopefully less noise.

Great Trip Shame About the Room

Britannia Cruise Review by Aarovic

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe

Aarovic’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin A612
Cabin was noisy at night because of proximity to kitchen service area.
Shower was very good and the bed was very comfortable.
Balcony was covered but still sunny.