3. Norwegian Joy
The cruise was a spontaneous decision to fill the gap to our next trip in September. The ship was recommended by the travel agent. It seemed to be a good decision not to stay in a heaven suite because compared to a loft suite on Royal Caribbean it's just a standard stateroom. The concierge suite seemed the right choice. . Priority boarding . Private dining for breakfast and lunch . Concierge lounge Well this is what we expected. Priority boarding didn't work. Disembarking only because we asked a crew member. There's no signage. Private dining was at la cucina. With a non changing menu and only a few choices it wasn't really working for us. The staff felt extremely unsure about their duties and the manager held debriefings in the middle of the restaurant. I understand it's a "new ship" in terms of the area their cruising but the amount of untrained staff or staff having conversations about desperately trying to find another job was annoying and sad. The concierge lounge was apparently removed or transformed into the public lounge. Here you see folks laying with their hiking shoes on couches and using the facilities as a getaway from their windowless cabins. We felt like they've done the right thing, besides the shoes or barefoot on the couch thing. They spent a fraction of the trip heaving the best space on the ship during the day. Maybe we should've gone for the heaven for a bit of a luxurious feel. We experienced a large number of extremely bad service mishaps, the fun stuff as . go karts ( bored staff, no timing for laps) . the loop slide ( only open for 2 hours in the morning!? Not during really nice weather. Staff next to the slide said that I had to go back to my room and check my daily newsletter for timings. After a little conversation he said it's closed for no reason.. thank you) . Laser tag ( we didn't even try as the crew was busy chatting to each other) This reflected on my cruise survey and after reading a long standardized apologies letter from NCL I found a 125$ offer for on board credits. This wouldn't be enough to buy a internet package which will not work anyways as it is either super slow, doesn't connect or disconnect and the webpage based login is so 1980s. So thanks for the offer. As I wrote into my answer. Spent it on staff training and I hope the next cruise will be better for other passengers. We will definitely not come back. A last word. Of course there were some very talented people amongst the staff but they were not enough to give it a welcome feel. Thanks to those

Lower your expectations

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by Mac8875

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Villa Suite with Balcony

. Priority boarding

. Private dining for breakfast and lunch

. Concierge lounge

Well this is what we expected.

Priority boarding didn't work.

Disembarking only because we asked a crew member. There's no signage.

Maybe we should've gone for the heaven for a bit of a luxurious feel.

. go karts ( bored staff, no timing for laps)

. Laser tag ( we didn't even try as the crew was busy chatting to each other)

A last word.

Thanks to those
Mac8875’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Concierge Villa Suite with Balcony
Cabin CC 14750
Standard cabin with a updated feel. The cabinets with push to unlock doors could be great if they didn't only work after 15 pushes. Some where broken already.
TV average sized with a navigation channel which is not state of the art anymore. It's apparently from 1996 as this year is shown on bottom left of the charts. The ships time was always on Shanghai time ;) maybe the conversion isn't 100% finished. Switching to Chanel 31 for the National Geographic announcement in glacier bay didn't work as we only had 30 channels at this time. Hours after we left the area a 31st channel popped up. Our neighbors put a pillow in the door to hear it from the hallway.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins