• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

22Sailings
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Spa Verandah Suite

Outdated décor, but clean.

Cabin was fine, except for several problems - a broken balcony door lock, missing remote control, and the granddaddy of them all - the shower. (a broken faucet with scalding water which couldn't be turn off - and alerted the fire department, who came pounding on the door). I made 2 attempts, with the same results - so went without for 2 weeks! They suggested I use the Spa shower.

Food was usually bland or tough, and very repetative.. But the ice cream was the best.

Spa Verandah Suite

See above.

Port Reviews

King's Wharf

There isn't much to do there. It's clean, and mostly expensive. The dolphins were awesome. I had seen all this on my last stop there.

I was supposed to take a ferry to St. George. Due to the death we couldn't disembark on time. So I spent the day onboard.

Ponta Delgada

I had taken an excursion on a former trip, so wandered the streets and got lost. Saw many beautiful buildings. The cathedral was spectacular. Very honest and friendly people. The highlight of my cruise.

Cherbourg

We sadly missed this port. It was one of the main reasons I had taken this cruise.

Brugge (Bruges)

We missed this port. I had been looking forward to it for years. We also missed Brest. It would have been lovely seeing the Normandy countryside and way of life.

9 Helpful Votes