Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by LuckyBill

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We just returned from a 6 day cruise on the Ecstasy. I booked late and you were able to arrange a table for 6 at our preferred time. I admit I had low expectations for our 19th cruise as we just wanted to insure our friend William Schaecher had a great 1st cruise!

Imagine our amazement that this older craft gave us a wonderful experience and based upon the crew possibly our best cruise ever! You guys even arranged perfect weather, calm seas and bubbly passengers to entertain us.

Our dining experience was excellent ! The Matri’d Aaron is a phenom! Not only did he arrange our dining but he managed the most active dining teams I have ever seen. All of the staff danced and sang and Aaron led the way! Well done sir! Well done all! Every single night!

Our personal Dining team (Rudy Head waiter, I Gusti and Carlo Table 343 Windsong) were prompt, efficient, personable and very kind. What a wonderful team. (Team- Station 241.. Team Head Waiter-Fernandez, Rudy Gallardo; Team Waiter-Castillo, Carlo Castillo, and Ass’t Team Waiter Adhi, I Gusti Ngurah Rismayana) They took great care of us (6) and several other tables (2-12 seaters) with flair, gusto and a FUN outlook!

We had a chance encounter with a head waiter- Reluca (Also WindStar ) in the Windsong dining room for breakfast. She is on her way home for a vacation and judging by our experience it was well earned. She always smile, waived and spoke with us where ever she saw us!

Our Cabin Steward I Madi (R200) was very attentive and always a presence. His Towel animals were grand (Susan Squealed every night to see the next animal). We had only requested evening turn down but most days he neatened 2 times. Wonderful

The ship is well maintained and meticulously groomed. The highlight for me was the CD the lovely Kyndall Fire! She is a bouncy, happy entertaining presence! From on stage to back stage or non-stage (We had missed our zone call out and when she saw our lanyards she escorted us out of line and had a fun-staff member escort us off the ship.

And the entertainment staff (Playlist cast)! The harmony, movements and talent of each dancer and singer was clearly part of a team effort. The America Rocks stage show integrated at least four of the multiple person music group that usually provided excellent entertainment just outside of the Casino! They were blended with the Playlist cast it was wonderful! Never noticed it done before and what a wonderful sound and vibe.

So thanks John and Ecstasy! What a wonderful time was had by so many ! Thanks!

LuckyBill's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6D R200

Trying other than Balconies. Cabin was roomy, and well kept! Minor engine noise but no major problem.

LuckyBill