3. Norwegian Sun
A friend & I decided seeing Cuba was a priority on our bucket list. Cuba was the main reason we took this cruise, Key West (which we loved) was just a bonus. UNFORTUNATELY we only saw Cuba for 6 hours, all on a bus with three half hour stops. Hardly time to see anything. The ad on the NCL website said 2 DAYS-our plan-we would do the tour on Day 1 and go back on Day 2, having decided what to visit further based on the previous day’s tour. So that was the biggest disappointment. But to the cruise itself-Planning was simple and the price was reasonable. We had a balcony cabin (aft, deck 10) which I LOVED and will definitely choose again if I cruise in the future. The staff making up our room daily were wonderful. (I asked for ice only once and had a full bucket each day-thank you -gotta stay hydrated) BEAUTIFUL room, very spacious. The food was fantastic in the complimentary restaurants, much to my surprise. The buffet was pretty good, basic fare, good breakfast variety. We paid extra for the teppanyaki dinner and it was entertaining & delicious. I’m not much of a drinker but the bars were always full ;) so must have been good. The activities on board were fine but not what I came for-there were two Trivia games which we played (first game, add some ‘fun’ questions next time, we’re not scientists) The comedian was funny and the International dance show had some real talent. I was prepared to be seasick (I brought 3 Scopolamine patches, Bonine pills & ginger candy) but wasn’t for one second. Very calm seas and/or just a great Captain. Boarding and disembarking were both seamless, just follow instructions on where to go-it’s clear NCL has it all figured out so be a good passenger, they’ll take good care of you. All in all, great cruising experience-just wish I’d seen more of Cuba.

Good food, calm sailing but misrepresentation of time in Cuba

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Angela3950

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony

All in all, great cruising experience-just wish I’d seen more of Cuba.
Angela3950’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 0049
Beautiful room! Spacious, great color scheme, lots of storage, comfortable beds.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins