• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Splendida Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

A beautiful ship with great staff.

Review for MSC Splendida to the Middle East
Senior Single
10+ Cruises • Age 90s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

My friend and I booked this cruise last year while on MSC Seaside. I had been to most of the Far East ports, but my travel friend, Judy, had not seen them. We flew from Tampa to Toronto and on to Dubai enjoying business class all the way. One night was spent at the Dubai Marriott, and the following morning we taxied to the port. And there the problems began! There was a "time to board" listed on your information, but most of the 3500 passengers were already in the very crowded check-in area. Those in Yacht Club were given a place to sit and wait - we commoners just stood in line for nearly two hours. Not a good impression!.

Once on board, we found our adjoining balcony cabins to be nicely furnished. I requested my duvet be replaced by a light blanket, and it was quickly done. My "bath tube" as noted on the reservation was a lovely large tub with shower - and all the really hot water one could ask for. Storage space was wonderful, and would have been fine for two guests in the room. The TV was mounted at ceiling height and quite small. We were out of range for English speaking stations much of the time, so it didn't matter too much.

We had requested early dining, and found ourselves seated with folks who had limited English. We asked for a change, and were assigned to another dining room where we shared a table for six with an English couple and a couple from Australia. We had a grand time comparing countries and cruises for the entire 28-day cruise.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

Comments in review.

Port Reviews

Kagoshima

Took excursion to Sakurajima Island. Heavy fog again. Walked up path to view volcano but couldn't see it. :"Shopping stop" was in a dingy area where there was nothing a tourist would care to purchase.

Khasab

Due to a fatal heart attack on board, the ship was held up for many hours. We missed Khasab entirely, and went on to Muscat.

Sir Bani Yas Island

No excursion. Walked on beach. Yacht Club members had nice seatingt.

Find an MSC Splendida Cruise from $69